Chapter 2 - Coffee Apologies

El had been working for the 118 for a few weeks now and it was safe to say it was hard work. After getting back from a car pile up, El sat herself down at the dining table with a coffee in hand, taking a moment for herself.

"You know Rhodes" Buck spoke as he came to disrupt her peace and quiet.

"What do you want Evan?" El sighed reluctantly, being unamused by him in general.

"You've been here for, what, 3 weeks now?" He started off, looking round at his co-workers and friends for confirmation.

"And your point?" She asked, tilting her head at him, placing her coffee onto the table.

"I know nothing about you" He smirked and grabbed the chair in front of him, twirling it round before planting himself onto it, backwards, his large arms folding across it.

"And I seem to know everything about you" She gave him a coy smile, feeling the eyes of their team watching them. A few muffled snickers could be heard which only fueled Els desire to wind up Buck as much as possible.

Buck let out a scoff like laugh "No you don't, we've barely spoken" He attempted to defend himself in a chill manner however it was clear she was getting to him.

"Do you want a list?" She asked raising her perfectly shaped brow, "You have a sister named Maddie, you're not a fan of her husband, you grew up in Pennsylvania, you don't mention your parents so you likely don't have a good relationship with them hence your raging mummy and daddy issues and hence the need to sexualise yourself at any given moment. You crave attention as you lacked it as a child" El spoke in a simplistic yet sarcastic tone, every word applying to Buck. "You also like coffee and you go broad before brains"

"Wow, is that seriously how you see me?" His whole persona changed in that moment, it was a side that hadn't yet been displayed to El; a small part of her felt bad.

"It's how you present yourself Buckley" She spoke with a sigh, standing up and patting him on the shoulder before heading downstairs to work out, knowing she likely shouldn't have bitten his head off like that.

Buck sat there for a while, stunned, confused, unsure of why the newbie would say something like that. Was it true? Were his issues that obvious to everyone? Before he could delve deeper into his thoughts Chim gave him a firm grip on the shoulder "You gotta let that fish go Buckeroo" He joked with him before heading downstairs to see El wrapping her hands for training.

"Let me guess, you've come to tell me how much of an asshole I am?" El spoke with a sigh as she saw an overly happy Chimney.

"No actually, but he might" Chim spoke and pointed behind her, Cap standing there with an unimpressed look.

"Shit" She spoke to herself as she saw him standing before her. "I'm sorry Cap, he just rubs me up the wrong way" She admitted, "I've had to deal with a lot of people like him in the past"

"No need, I think you gave him a wake up call he needed" Cap said, "But you'll get used to him, he's not as bad as you think" He offered a small smile.

El returned the small smile "I hope you're right" She chuckled softly.

"Always am," Cap concluded before walking away.

"You got him wrapped around your little finger you know" Chimney chimed in once prying ears had fled the scene.

"Who Cap?" El raised a brow, confused by his statement.

"No no" He laughed "Well, actually maybe you do" He pondered "But who I meant, was Buck" He corrected himself as he always got side tracked.

"Help me get him off?" She laughed, flashing him her pearly white teeth.