Chapter 48 - Finding Them

"Firefighter Diaz, do you copy?" Bobby spoke through the radio.

"Five by five, Cap. Eddie's voice sounded through the radio.

"Chimney, report" Bobby said again.

"Read you loud and clear. I've got eyes on Hen who I can already tell screwed up my coffee order." Chimney responded through the radio.

"Like hell" Hen laughed, "One cinnamon coconut macchiato with a quad shot, half pump of vanilla. And yes, my radio's working just fine" Hen spoke. "Over"

"There's no cinnamon!" Chimney yelled enough for everyone to see.

"Rhodes do you copy?" Bobby asked.

"Copy Cap and Chimney I have extra cinnamon upstairs with your name it, over" El spoke through the radio with a smirk.

"I could kiss you, over" Chimney spoke with a chuckle.

"Buck, sound off," Bobby laughed.

"We have visitors, Cap," Buck called over the balcony.

"Buck, the whole point of the test is to say it into the radio" Bobby called from below.

El began to laugh which could be heard echoing through the radio as Buck responded. "We have visitors, Cap. Hey, did I pass? Over."

"Close enough," Bobby smirked.

"Dad!" Christophers voice yelled out.

"Come on, let's go see our Nephew" El grinned at Buck before giving him a peck on the lips.

"Is that what I think it is?" Buck asked as they noticed the medal in Eddie's hand.

"It's a silver star 'cause my dad's a hero." Christopher smiled widely.

"We don't need jewellery to know that" Carla spoke softly.

"Do you ever just wear it?" Buck asked.

"Never found an outfit to go with it" Eddie deflected.

"Ooh, if I had a medal, I would never take it off" Buck smirked as he looked down at the medal.

"Yeah we know, you'd find a way..." El rolled her eyes and looked at Carla with a cheeky look who let out a little laugh.

"Are you sure this is what you want to bring to school on Friday?" Eddie asked christopher.

"And you, so you can tell the story" Christopher smiled up at him.

"Is that a story you can tell fourth graders?" Buck asked.

"Not really," Eddie sighed, not wanting to let Chris down.

"Please, dad. Please?" Chris begged.

"Go on Papa Eddie, we can work on it, make it kid friendly" El encouraged.

"Okay.." Eddie nodded.

"You promise?" Chris pouted.

"Oh, he promises," Buck teased as the bell sounded and they rushed off to the trucks.

-

Once they arrived on scene, Bobby caught up with Athena to see what was going on. He soon enough filled them in. They were searching for a missing boy named Hayden. He had disappeared somewhere on the property as far as they knew. Everyone panned out and began to look for him, calling his name repeatedly. The only thing in the air was panic and the name Hayden.

"Hey guys! Over here!" Eddie's voice echoed around the farm.

El quickly darted over and saw Eddie was moving pieces of junk out of the way. She jumped straight in and began to help, moving things to the side, practically throwing them, one almost hitting Buck. Soon enough, once the junk was cleared, a pipe in the floor was revealed, it seemed unlikely to El that a child could have fallen down it.