Chapter 66 - Jinx Continues

Night time had fallen and the day of hell seemed to be over but whether or not they would have the night from hell was still yet to be decided by the universe. While Buck sat on the couch, El snuggled into him, feeling the comfort of his arms around her, it slowly allowing her to nap, the bunks being too uncomfortable for her.

"Thought you were hitting the bunks" Bobby said to Eddie as he made his way back up to the communal area.

"Couldn't sleep" Eddie sighed.

"Maybe that curse is getting to you too." Bobby smirked, wanting to wind him up.

"Or maybe I just couldn't sleep" Eddie rebutted.

"Yeah, welcome to the club," Chimney added.

"Am I interrupting book club?" Eddie asked.

"Medical, babies, women, napping" Hen spoke pointing round to everyone.

"I was wondering why Buck had a book in his hand but now it all makes sense" Eddie chuckled.

"Eddie, what would you say Ana's love language is?" Buck asked.

"Ana who?" Hen joined in.

"Traitor" Eddie spoke through gritted teeth.

"Wait, are you dating someone?" Hen asked, tossing a brow confused.

"Babies aren't here yet. Who's Ana?" Chimney smirked, slamming the book down.

"You're such an asshole," El laughed sleepily at Buck. He gave her a squeeze and a kiss on the head.

"Yeah but you love me" He rebutted.

"Somehow" El smirked before snuggling back into him.

Eddie sighed before speaking up, "She was Christophers old teacher last year. I bumped into her at the billboard call this morning, and...hadn't seen her in a while, and I guess she's got a new job."

"Wait, is this the teacher that you yelled at?" Hen asked with a laugh.

"And I apologised for that" Eddie confirmed.

"But you still didn't ask her out?" Chimney asked.

"She's Christophers teacher," Eddie protested.

"Correction, was Christophers teacher," El said sleepily, still nuzzled into her man's arms. Before Eddie had a chance to respond the bell sounded once again.

"Come on, sleepy," Buck spoke with a smile.

"Nooo, I'm so comfy" El groaned. Buck hoisted her up into his arms and carried her down to the truck in order for her to wake up.

-

They arrived back from the scene which was a garage on fire full of fireworks, it definitely woke El up from her slumber driver state. As soon as she was back she made her and Buck an ice coffee in an attempt to perk them both up after the 12 hours of non stop calls.

After a short and lovely 20 minutes of absolute peace and quiet, the bell sounded once again. Instead of leaving her coffee back at the firehouse, El decided at this point she may as well take it with her, which she did.

Once on scene they did the full check for any gas leaks after there being a report of one, however none was detected. El was checking over one of the bystanders who had been scraped by a small shade of glass when the commission started, Bucks yells echoing in her ears.

With his yells getting louder, El rose to her feet to see Buck sprinting after a man at full speed. As she watched the man get into the truck she knew she had to step in. She sprinted over to the truck, taking off her jacket as she went as for it to not weigh her down. The engine rumbled on and Buck began to pound in the side of the engine, yelling out. "Fuck it" El groaned to herself before jumping onto the back of the truck as it began to move, gripping tightly onto it.