Chapter 32 - Sensual

El and Buck entered his apartment, neither of them knowing what the other had been through during the course of the tsunami however they both knew they couldn't be alone. Maddie and Mikey were too wrapped up in their relationship but neither of the two complained about it, they were happy for them however in times like this, they did need someone; they were lucky to have one another.

"Do you...do you want a change of clothes?" Buck asked in a meek tone.

"Erm...yeah, please..." She spoke softly, it had been a little weird between them since they kissed.

"I will go get you something..." He spoke, pressing his fist into his hand with a lipped smile before making his way up the stairs to find her some clothes. Normally he wasn't one to be shy when it came to things like this but it felt different with El, they had come such a long way and part of him still thought she hated him.

While El sat herself on the sofa, Buck rummaged through his draws and pulled out a jumper for her to wear alongside. He wandered back down the stairs and handed her the jumper with a soft look. She took the jumper with a smile before uttering a soft thank you. She stood herself up and headed to the bathroom to change. Upon stripping down, El noticed the large bruise beginning to form on her rib, likely from an impact she didn't know about when in the water, it was all a bit of a blur.

She stripped herself down to nothing but her underwear and pulled the soft cotton jumper over her body, it swamping her body like a blanket however it gave her comfort. She made her way back to the open space to see Buck in the kitchen with two beers in hand. He handed it out to her with a soft look. She accepted the beer and took a big swig, "Thanks...jumpers a little big" She teased, wanting to break the tense atmosphere.

"Nope, perfect fit" He gave her a soft smile before sipping on his beer.

"Do you want me to take another look at your...well face?" She asked, gesturing to his face which had been cut up during the day.

"Maybe in the morning" He gave a lipped smile before yawning.

"You should head to bed...you've had a rough day" El spoke softly.

"Are you telling me you haven't?" He raised a brow curiously.

"I've had worse" El shrugged, genuinely being serious which instantly made Buck's mind run.

"I feel bad leaving you on the couch, why don't you come lay down upstairs..." Buck suggested, being as polite as possible.

"Sure...if you're sure...I really don't mind, it's not a problem honestly" El attempted to persuade him the other way but in reality, she did want to share with her and the thought of sleeping alone tonight scared her.

Buck gently took her hand and led her up the stairs "Have I ever told you that you're stubborn?" He asked with a soft smirk.

"Once or twice" She smirked back at him playfully.

"Well make it three" He spoke and let go of her hand before stripping himself down, wanting to rid himself of the day he'd had. El politely glanced ever so often as she laid herself into the bed, surprised at how comfortable it was. "I...erm..." Buck started as he made his way to the bed, pulling his loose fitting shirt on. "Thank you...for saving Christopher..."

"Buck...you did that, I just found him by luck..." El spoke softly, watching as he laid himself down onto the bed, facing her.

"I lost him..." His voice broke.

"Maybe...but before that...you saved him, he told me everything" El spoke softly, reassuring him that he did nothing wrong.

"I.." His voice broke, unable to come up with the words to be able to describe how he was feeling. El cupped the side of his face that wasn't pressed against the pillow in a comforting manner, their eyes locked, "The kiss...did it mean anything or...was it a heat of the moment thing?"