Chapter 19 - Dosed

An urgent call came to the firehouse. One of the news helicopters was going down, potentially going to crash. Everyone suited up in full protective gear before spreading off to the location. A few police cars arrived at the same time as them, clearly this being an all hands on deck kind of job.

It was hard for El to hear a thing Athena was saying over the sound of the propellers whirling in the air and the wind slashing against them. El spotted Mikey from afar as he was moving people to safety, she gave him a little nod to say hello before Bobby started to give orders. "All right, we're gonna fan out, go behind those bleachers. Eddie, once we get those people out of here, you think you can kill that engine?"

"Think so, I'm just worried about the dynamic rollover." Eddie called over the sound of the wind.

"The dynamic what?" Buck asked as he stood beside El.

"We change the weight ratio by pulling people out, whole thing could tip over, rotors could snap off" Eddie confirmed.

"And then flying rocks are gonna be the least of our problems" Buck said the obvious.

"No shit, Captain Obvious" El rolled her eyes before pulling her visor down and following behind the boys. They began to sprint across the grass and behind the bleachers which the helicopter was rocking against after the attempted landing after a mechanical failure while up in the air.

Bobby took the lead and approached the helicopter first, peering inside to see a woman in the back. "Buck, El, get her out of there." He commanded.

"On it Cap" They both spoke in sync, giving eachother a look, their lingo rubbing off on one another. Buck opened the door to the helicopter and instructed her to put her arms around him, which she did, however as he began to lift her the helicopter rocked and he lost his grip. El knew she was going to have to go in replacement of the women as to not cause a dynamic rollover which was now being yelled out by Eddie.

"Buck! I will replace her while you get her to safety" She yelled over the sound of the deafening blades above them.

"Are you sure?" Buck yelled back, his hands still gripped onto the womens leg.

"We haven't got time, do it!" She yelled. In a few swift and seamless movements, Buck pulled the redhead from the helicopter, giving enough room for El to replace her almost instantly, the helicopter only rocking slightly for a matter of milliseconds. El held onto the handrail above the window and let Eddie do what he needed to do.

It didn't take Eddie long at all to shut down the helicopter, the propellers slowing down to a halt shortly after. "You know, I didn't think my first experience in a helicopter would have been quite like this" El spoke as she leant between the two pilot seats, looking at Eddie with an amused look.

"Oh yeah? What did you imagine it like?" Eddie asked with a chuckle.

"I don't know, just not this" She laughed and patted him on the shoulder as a form of endearment and congratulations before jumping out of the helicopter.

Mikey and El caught up breifly like they didn't live together however her eyes were drawn over to Buck who was flirting with the girl they had just rescued. "What's the bet I don't get a thank you because I'm not a muscular handsome man?"

"Did you just call Buck handsome?" Mikey smirked down at his roomie.

"You know what I meant" She gave him a scolding look before walking off, over hearing Buck fan girl over Taylor, whose voice she had heard before.

-

It was another restock and reclean kind of day at the 118, not the most fun however somewhat therapeutic. Luckily, El had finished her task rather quickly, having become quite accustomed to doing it plus it gave her time to workout.