Chapter 42 - Everything Went Wrong

I know I have trigger warnings right at the start of the book however I thought as this is a heavy chapter I would put one here. So be warned, massive trigger warning for SA. Safe reading xx

-

The team arrived on scene to a fire at Hacienda Park, Buck and Eddie carrying extinguishers, unsure if this was going to be a bigger fire by the time they arrived. "So, what, now they got self-driving motorcycles?" Chimney called over the loud noise of the motorcycle's engine.

"Wouldn't that defeat the point?" Hen queried.

"That rider couldn't have gone far. Buck, Eddie, El, hose that down and turn that bike off." Bobby instructed, the trio doing exactly what he asked. El stood by and waited for the boys to hose down the fire before she could turn it off.

"Think I saw Christopher watching a video like this online. That bike wasn't on fire" Eddie commented as they put the fire out and El was able to reach over and unclip the tool that was keeping the bike going. She then joined the rest of the team in slowing down the merry go round.

They got it to a holt and Bobby tapped his shoulder softly, "Hey, can you hear me?"

They gently pulled him back, thinking he was unconscious which he was, however his eyes were building from his skull, "Jesus Christ" El said as she stepped back for a second before looking once again.

"Alright, let's get him off of there" Bobby confirmed as the four of them carefully carried him off of the deathtrap and onto the wood chip floor. They stepped aside allowing Hen and chim room to work, however none of them could take their eyes off of the poor man.

"His pupils are extremely dilated," Hen said as she examined his eyes with a torch.

"Yeah, don't think you needed to point that one out Hen" El spoke dryly, tilting her head as she watched.

Hen shot her a sarcastic look before continuing, "Globe luxation in both eyes, causing them to bulge out."

"Blood pressures off the charts." Chimney added.

"Starting a line," Hen nodded.

"Uh, what happened to him?" Buck asked confused.

"Depending on how many times he was spinning around like that, it could be G-lock." Chimney confirmed.

"G-force poisoning from the force of the spin?" Eddie questioned.

"This used to happen a lot in Florida at Universal studios, never this bad though" El added, looking down at him again, him seeming familiar.

"Wait, I feel like I know this guy," Buck said, as if reading her mind. The trio simultaneously tilted their heads to look at him from a different angle.

They watched as Hen and Chim pushed the guys eyes back into the sockets, it making a squelching sound and a pop as they went back in. The trio grimaced, making the same disturbed noise. "Cap, he's stable for transport"

"Alright, let's get him up and transported to the nearest neurosurgery trauma centre." Cap ordered.

"I can see. Thank you" The young man said as they sat him up.

"Who did this to you?" Eddie asked.

"Oh, I have an idea," Bobby spoke as he looked over at the bushes. El followed his line of sight to see the two young boys from a case a while ago. They were the ones who put their friends' heads in a microwave.

The team got the man ready for transport in the back of the ambulance however they stuck around for the fun, Cap insisting. They watched as the two guys were arrested by Athena and her co-workers, Cap recording the whole thing with a pleased look on his face. El merely smirked, enjoying the show.