Chapter 38 - Celebration

That night, the 118 alongside Mikey and Maddie organised to meet, but instead of one the usual dive bars, Daphne had insisted they go someplace with a little more, well, taste. Daphne had picked out a bar that only let a category of people in, but of course, Daphne worked her magic and got the whole group access.

El walked downstairs in just some nice casual clothes however Daphne, who was sat on the armchair, shook her head, "Absolutely not"

"What?" El spoke looking down at her outfit.

"This, no." Daphne shook her head, gesturing to her outfit, "We are going to The Roof" Daphne exaggerated.

"Yeah, you saying, The Roof, in your posh voice, still doesn't make it sound posh" El laughed.

"Well, it is" Daphne rolled her eyes, "We will stop by the four seasons and you can wear one of my dresses"

"Fine" El rolled her eyes, "Mikey and Maddie should be here in a minute" She spoke looking down at her watch.

"Mikey is your roommate and Maddie is Buck's sister?" Daphne questioned.

"Yeah, but Maddie is nothing like Buck, it's weird" El commented just before the pair came into the apartment.

Mikey opened the door, hand in hand with Maddie, "I'm home." He sang out loud.

"Heyyy Mikey" El spoke, "Daphne is here" She turned to see as the pair of them walked in, "Hey Mads"

Daphne stood up, slightly on edge at the idea of meeting more of El's friends. As much as she trusted her friend's judgement, she didn't like anything to do with Buck and the last few days had left her really highly strung.

-

The uber had arrived so the 4 of them made their way outside, piling their way into the uber, El having splashed out on a slightly fancier one. They drove over to the 4 seasons so that Daphne could dress El up in any way she wanted. Mikey and Maddie remained downstairs, nosing around at the lounge and reception, amazed at how prestigious it was.

El and Daphne made their way to her room which of course was spotless. "Okay, so I think I have the perfect dress in mind" Daphne grinned at El as she made her way over to the wardrobe, rummaging through it. "Perfect" Daphne spoke as she pulled the dress from the cupboard, turning round to face El, whose face dropped.

"That...is a lot," El spoke as she stared at the short blue dress.

"Darling, if you think this is a lot then you most definitely are not coming to New York anytime soon" Daphne let out a soft laugh as she waltzed over to her, pressing the dress against her body. "It'll look devine, I promise"

"This was meant to be casual celebration drinks" El couldn't help but laugh.

"Nothing is casual when I'm around. Now go change, now" Daphne clapped, ushering her to the bathroom.

El rolled her eyes and went into the bathroom to change. She stripped down her clothes and looked at herself in the mirror for a few moments, staring at her body. It was amazing how much her body had grown and changed since being a firefighter, but not in a bad way, in a way that El loved. This body saved lives. She sighed and pulled on the satin blue dress which felt as though it was made to fit her body. She looked in the mirror again, stunned by what she saw. Daphne really knew how to make someone confident, that was for sure.

El adjusted her hair, which for once was down and curled, styled nicely. She walked out nervously into Daphne's apartment like hotel room and her jaw dropped. "I knew it!" Daphne exclaimed. "You look stunning"