Chapter 47 - The taking of dispatch

After Daphne had returned home and Toby was given 7 life sentences with no parole, El felt like she could finally focus on the good things in her life. Buck and the 118.

Bobby had gone off for a few days with Michael and Harry which left them with a replacement Captain for a few days and it was safe to say, it made everyone realise, not that they needed too, how much they loved Bobby, and his cooking.

"Okay, so we know Eddie and Chim definitely can't cook," Buck spoke as he looked in the fridge in hopes of finding something.

"Hey" Chim called in an offended tone.

"Do we need to remind you what happened last time?" Hen sassed him.

"Do you guys want take out?" El asked, "I don't mind paying" El shrugged.

"Aren't you buying a new house? We wouldn't expect you to do that" Hen responded.

"You may not expect it...but these guys...they do" El sassed with a smirk. The boys exchanged looks before humming in agreement. She was right, normally was. "So what we having?"

"Pizza" Everyone said simultaneously.

"Of course" El chuckled and handed the phone to Buck, "Add your own, I know what you're like"

"And that is why you are my girlfriend" He grinned at her, leaning in for a kiss which she gracefully accepted and returned.

"I don't think I'm gonna be able to get used to that," Chimney grimaced.

"It's kinda cute," Hen smiled.

"It's kinda disgusting" Chimney rebutted sarcastically.

"You know what Chim, at least I have a girlfriend" Buck grinned at him, putting his arm around El.

-

"Yep. Go for Buck" Buck spoke as he answered the phone, the pair walking in after getting breakfast that morning.

"How come 9-1-1 doesn't respond when I call?" Mikey questioned.

"Uh, is that some kind of riddle?" Buck asked, confused. "Like who watches the Watchmen?"

"No, no, I don't think so anyway" Mikey spoke, a little confused now too, "Anyway, I just tried calling 9-1-1 and I got the high call volume message. Did I miss like an earthquake or something?"

Buck put the call on speaker for El to listen in as well, "Nope, pretty chill morning. Wait, why are you calling 9-1-1?"

"Is everything okay?" El asked once he set down the phone on the counter.

"Oh Ellie, thank god, I was hoping you were there too. Maddie said that she loved me" Mikey sighed.

"That's great...right?" El spoke perplexed.

"Did you forget that we're broken up?" Mikey spoke in a sarcastic tone, "But that's beside the point. Maddie told me that she doesn't like saying I love you because of Doug right? Plus she called me Micheal. No one calls me Micheal. So she goes, I love you, Micheal, and just hangs up. Now she won't answer my texts and her phone is going straight to voicemail" Mikey explained.

"It's still not quite sounding like an emergency" Buck stated.

"Because I sound insane, right?" Mikey groaned.

"Not gonna lie, you do a bit" El commented. "She's at the call centre right?"

"Yeah...like what could happen there?" Mikey spoke, trying to convince himself. "You know what? Forget it." Mikey sighed.

"Love you Michael" El teased on the phone as he hung up.

"That was weird" Buck tilted his head, pouting his lips.