Chapter 33 - What followed

The following morning El woke up in Buck's arms, having had a peaceful nights sleep, arguably one of the most peaceful she had had in as long as she could remember. She tilted her head up to look at him, still laying on his chest. He was awake. "Hey" He spoke in a sleepy deep tone.

"Hey" El spoke softly, giving him a little smile. "You just woke up?" She asked.

"Been awake for a little while, I just didn't want to wake up" He spoke, running his fingers through her hair.

"You could of..." El smiled a little, her cheeks already beginning to blush with how sweet he was being.

"You just looked so peaceful...not a side of you I see very often" He smirked, "I wanted the peace and quiet"

"Oh shut up" She laughed and placed her head back down onto his chest, his hand still running through her locks.

"See" He chuckled, "Do you want a coffee?"

"Do you know how to make an iced coffee?" She questioned, turning to face him.

"No...but I assume I just make a coffee and pour it onto the ice?" Buck raised a brow confused.

"You have a lot to learn" She laughed and sat herself up, holding the covers to her chest, almost forgetting she was naked. She felt his cold hand touch at her ribs, running over the damaged skin.

"You're hurt..." He spoke, sitting himself up.

"I'm fine, probably just a few bruised ribs" She shrugged.

"I'll get you an ice pack" He spoke, getting out of bed, grabbing a pair of joggers before sliding them on, not bothering with underwear.

"But, seriously, I'm fine" El laughed a little, it feeling weird to have someone care about something as small as a few bruised ribs.

"I don't care" He smirked and leant down, placing a kiss upon her lips before pulling away, "Was that okay?" He whispered.

"I'll allow it" She whispered back with a smirk, a flutter in her heart as he had made the first move after last night's fun.

"Good..." He smiled at her before heading downstairs, not bothering to put a shirt on.

El grabbed her phone from the side to check the time, seeing she had an hour and a half before work started. "Hey Buck" She called as she slipped on his jumper once again and walked downstairs, seeing as he fumbled with ice and a tea towel.

"Yeah" He turned around, wrapping the ice up.

"Do you think you could drop me at work please? Or back to mine so I can get my car?" She questioned. "If not, I can get an uber, I don't mind" She corrected, "I know it's still hard for you since you quit, which I haven't forgiven you for by the way" She teased, narrowing her eyes at him.

"That's fine...and...I'll do some thinking" He confirmed, handing her the ice pack. "Why don't I order us some coffee?"

"That sounds like a perfect plan" She smiled sweetly at him.

-

The pair ended up talking over coffee for ages and by the time they noticed the time, Buck didn't have time to take her back to her apartment so instead, he dropped her at the firehouse. Still dressed in his shirt and a pair of his shorts, El turned to Buck with a soft look, "You coming in?"

Buck shook his head, "I can't...not yet" He spoke solemnly.

"Okay...well thank you...for dropping me off and letting me stay" El spoke, being as sincere as she could.