Chapter 23 - New Beginnings

Christmas and New year was over and it was back into full swing with the crazy wacky world that was everyday LA. The team suited up on their yellow hazmat suits and gas masks before entering the cosmetic hospital. "You know, yellow really isn't my colour" El joked to Buck as they walked in, the pair on much better terms since their bonding over the Christmas period.

"What are we thinking? Gas leak?" Chimney asked as they all made it into the building.

"Could be some pathogen. World's a crazy place these days" Hen continued.

"Negative for combustibles as of now" Bobby spoke with the reader in hand. "Masks stay on for the duration"

"Where is everyone? It's too quiet" Buck spoke, always stating the obvious. The team began to walk around the eerie building, keeping an eye out for anyone that could be around however so far, there was no one.

Soon enough Eddie spotted someone lying lifeless on the floor. He knelt down by her side and began to check her vitals to see if whatever was in the air was lethal. "She's got a pulse. Pupillary response...normal" He spoke out however was interrupted by pleads for help down the hall.

The team headed down to where the yells were coming from. As El entered the room and saw the women in need she took a step back, shocked by what she was seeing. In front of her, the woman's neck was completely open, the skin just resting on her chest. El grimaced at the sight, somewhat confused at how she wasn't in complete and utter agony.

El looked at Buck who shared the same disgusted and confused look as her before being drawn back into work. Bobby started giving out instructions, ordering El to check on the doctors and nurses that were passed out in the room, wanting to make sure they were still alive.

El did as Bobby asked and began to check the pusles and vitals of the unconscious nurses and doctors, all of which being normal, much like the one Eddie had found in the hall. "They're sleeping like babies but stable Cap" El spoke as she turned to see the women in the bed with the skin on her forehead hanging in front of her eyes.

While Chimney and Eddie worked on finding the leak, El began to move the bodies into a safer position for when they woke up which likely wouldn't take long seeing as Eddie and Chim found the leak and shut it down.

-

Maddie had reached out to El asking if she could help her train as she wanted to be fitter and stronger, El had a feeling it was just in case Doug came back into the picture. Of course El said yes, wanting to have a better relationship with Maddie seeing as it was likely her and Mikey would end up together. El met Maddie at the gym, wearing her usual attire which wasn't a lot. "Hey" El smiled and Maddie went straight in for a hug, not knowing that El wasn't the biggest fan of physical contact however El returned the hug in an attempt to be more open.

"Thank you for coming, Buck has actually come along, he's gonna teach me some moves" She smiled and jabbed the air playfully.

"Yeah, you're gonna need it," El teased, walking into the gym with her.

El did a warm up with Maddie while they waited for Buck to arrive, El taking her through some of the things she did during home workouts, so without all the fancy equipment. Maddie was a fast learner, which was no surprise to El, she struck her as a very intelligent and kind person. "Nice job Buckette" El smiled as Maddie laid down on the floor trying to catch her breath.

"I'm so...tired" She panted, looking up at El who had barely broken a sweat.

"We've only just started," El teased her.

"Oh god" Maddie panted however Buck came over.

"What did you do to her?" Buck laughed, looking down at El, admiring the way her toned body looked.