Chapter 12 - Karma and Regret

"I want to thank everyone for donating today. I don't know if you know this or not, but 90% of all blood given to patients in the Los Angeles area comes from volunteers. I know that we all put our asses on the line in the field everyday to save people, but today, you're saving people and all it's taking is a tiny prick of a needle. So simple, even Mr Buckley can't mess that up" Chimney spoke as the A team sat in medical chairs, needles sticking from their arms as blood was drawn.

El gave a smirk to Buck as Chimney made his sarcastic comment, which of course she couldn't leave well enough alone "I'm sure he would find a way still" She teased with a grin. Buck playfully threw the stress ball in his hand at her, her hand quick to catch it. "Gonna need more than that Evan"

"Oh screw you Rhodes" He chuckled.

"You've been trying" She rebutted.

It was safe to say that El over the past 8 months with the 118 she had allowed herself to become more forward with her words, less by the book and more free willed. Her friendship with Buck started off in a rocky place and it wouldn't be much of a surprise to say that they would likely be at eachothers throats again at any given moment, however that was them.

The group had just finished up their donations when Bobby turned up, refusing to give blood due to past experiences. The A team being as childish as they were laughed however it was clear to see that he in fact wasn't having any of it, Chimney guilt tripping and black mainling him into making a decision in which he agreed, thanks to the disapproving looks from his team members.

"I hate you all" He spoke with a smirk.

"Thank you. Thank you" Chimney spoke before going back to work.

"You love us" Hen beamed sarcastically at her captain.

"You might want this" El spoke as she threw him the stress ball.

"Just squeeze it," Buck teased him.

"Yeah and don't use me as target practice" El smirked at him, giving Buck a side-eye in the process.

-

Karma. What goes around comes around. It was a phrase which resonated with El quite closely. The day she turned 17 was a day that karma was born. Karma was seeming to be a running theme with those around her at this moment in time; from being shot by an old bullet to a tanning bed gone wrong. Currently however a tiger was on the loose.

Bobby led the way as per usual, this not exactly being a usual call to the group. "You're not going to kill though right? It's not the animals fault..." El spoke, overhearing what the keeper was saying.

"Protocol is to tranquillise first, if at all possible" The keep spoke.

"How did the tiger escape in the first place?" Bobby asked, wanting to understand if they were going to have more unexpected visitors.

"Apparently, he was able to jump to the top of the wall and gain enough leverage to pull himself out" He spoke.

"Must have been one pissed off tiger" El spoke, looking to the rest of the team who all agreed.

"Tiger's trainer tried to wrangle him after he got loose. This ain't pretty" Athena spoke, having been called to the scene alongside Mikey.

"Hey" She gave him a soft lipped smile before exchanging a hug. Mikey had been somewhat quiet since the night of the full moon; after having to take his first life which was all cleared.

Mikey hugged her back tightly before leading her to the first victim of the tigers attack just as they were peeling back the gauze. The closest thing that El had seen to this was a shark attack, both were equally gruesome.