Chapter 50 - Long Day

"Ma'am, LAFD. Stay where you are" Bobby called once they were on scene. "Don't try to get out"

Buck, Eddie and El in their protective gear, headed over the van which had knocked down a power line, it falling upon the van, flames beginning to engulf the front. "Guys, those lines are still hot" El spoke as she had a slightly closer look, making sure however not to get too close. Suddenly, a large spark came from one of the wires, the trio taking a step back as they covered their faces.

"I want you to grab dry chem and CO2 from the truck." Bobby instructed the trio, who nodded and headed straight for the truck to grab what they needed. El grabbed one of the canisters before heading over to the truck. Without losing any more seconds, El began to spray the front of the truck, the flames slowly coming to a halt.

"I thought these truck cabs are supposed to be grounded" Buck spoke as he placed down the canister. "Why does her hair look like that?" He spoke gesturing to his own head.

"High voltage events can emit an awful lot of static electricity." Eddie confirmed, the sirens sounding behind them.

"You came for the tree murderers" The women in the car called out to the officers behind them.

"Yeah, yeah, I don't think that's who they're here for" Buck chuckled, El joining in.

"I can see she's got subdermal tissue damage from the strike. We need to transport her. any update on when DWP's gonna get the power off?" Eddie spoke to Bobby.

The power line sparked from above them, the power shutting down. "There's your answer. Let's get her out. Carefully"

The trio opened the car door and began to help get the women out, however a large crash sounded down the end of the street as at least 2 cars collided. "Seriously?" Bobby sighed looking over at it.

"We're on it Cap" El spoke once they got the women out of the car, Eddie taking her to the ambulance while the dream team ran towards the crash. This was going to be a long day. "You check the blue car, I'll take red" El called.

"Yes Ma'am" Buck smirked, knowing how much she liked being called that.

El rolled her eyes and headed straight for the red car, a driver and passenger inside. El knocked on the window, seeing that the passenger's nose was bleeding, "LAFD can you hear me?" Nothing.

El attempted the door but to no avail however she saw as the driver's side door opened and the driver exited. "You fucking hit me!" The driver yelled at the other.

"You ran the light!" The other rebutted.

"What light?" He yelled back.

"Guys!" El yelled, "Enough of that, I have an injured person here that needs medical attention. If you're not going to be useful I suggest you step out of the wat" She commanded as she stood between them.

Both the men nodded and headed to the side, allowing for the firefighters to do their jobs. "Need a hand?" Buck asked.

"Please" She nodded, "I'm going to have to go in, unbuckle her and unlock the door" El confirmed before stepping inside the driver's seat, leaning across. She pressed her fingers against the womens neck, a sigh of relief escaping her lips as she felt a pulse. She reached over and unlocked the door from the inside. "I need a neck brace and a back board down here, got a patient with a possible broken nose and concussion" El spoke in the radio.

Soon enough, Chimney came down with a backboard and neck brace in hand. "You called" Chimney spoke sarcastically as he handed El the neck brace. She rolled her eyes and put the neck brace on the woman.