Chapter 31 - Showing Emotions

The trio had gone out for ice cream before El had the idea to go down to the beach seeing as it was a sunny day and she knew that Christopher was a fan on the water. While on the way down there Christopher pointed out the pier with an excited look on his face as he begged to go.

"I don't see why not" El smiled, "But I don't know if uncle Buck is scared of the rides, you might have to hold his hand" El teased.

"It's okay, I can hold his hand" Chris spoke in his sweet innocent voice.

El gave him a high five with a grin, looking over at Buck who had an offended look plastered on his features. El merely shrugged, giving him a cheeky flirty look. "Lead the way buddy" Buck spoke to Chris with a smile who began to walk ahead, holding tightly onto his crutches.

Chris led the way for the rest of the afternoon, picking which rides he wanted to go on and when, not that either Buck or El minded, it was nice to spend a day away from the chaos that was their day to day life, especially with someone as positive as Chris. Buck came to realise that he was too small for some of the rides so instead he stood by and took pictures to show Eddie the following day.

Speaking of pictures, Buck thought it would be a sweet idea to take some photos in the booth they had on sight. They did exactly that. El allowed the two boys to go first on their own before swapping with Buck and taking some with Chris, smiling, silly faces and poses. They ended with a trio one which was a bit of a squeeze however they made it work , placing Chris on their legs. Once again, silly faces, smiles and poses being formed, Buck and El smiling more than they had in a very long time.

Once they were done El looked down at the photos, her heart fluttering. One caught her eye in particular. It was Chris holding both their cheeks, while they looked into eachother eyes, smiling naturally. It was a moment of happiness and contentment all wrapped up in a neat bow. El smiled down at them and took a picture of them, wanting to always have them even if the originals got destroyed.

While caught up looking at the pictures with Buck and Chris the sound of Mikey could be heard from afar. "Yo Ellie! Buck! Christopherrrr!" He held out his hand for a high five from Christopher in which he obliged happily.

"Uncle Mikey." Christopher said, looking up at him with a smile.

"What's up little man? Are you having a fun time?" Mikey asked, glancing over at Buck and El.

"Yes, Aunt Ellie and Buck are going to play games with me now."

"That sounds like so much fun. Try to win the big bear, will ya?" Mikey said, standing up to his full height as he moved his attention to El and Buck.

"What are you doing here?" Buck asked with a chuckle, "Didn't work today?"

"Nah, off day." Mikey shrugged, "I thought I was finally escaping this one right here but looks like we always find a way to find each other." He laughed.

El punched him in the arm playfully but a bit rough, knocking his cotton candy from his hand, "You love me."

Mikey looked down at the cotton candy that had fallen to the cement below and his smile curled down into a frown, "My.. cotton.. candy.." He looked up at El and pouted with actual tears in his eyes, "You're evil."

She pulled out a $5 bill from her pocket and handed it to him "Go buy yourself 5 more" She laughed.

"Sugar mommy Ellie" He grinned, "That's why I keep her around" He whispered to Buck who had a look of confusion on his face. "Anyway, I have a couch to get back too, I will see you at home Ellie Bear"