Chapter 26 - Ocean's 9-1-1

The 118 sped across town as they made their way to the bank, having got a call about two people down. The team rushed straight into the building, Chimney taking the lead on checking the first man down. Hen and Bobby headed off to the other patient who was in the actual vault.

Buck and El crouched by Chimney, waiting for him to give them instructions; however before he could Bobby came waltzing back into the room. "Everybody, stop what you're doing right now. Chim, Buck, El. Step away. Step away." He spoke with authority, much like he always did. As soon as the trio stepped away he continued "I need everybody's attention. We are now preparing for a possible chemical exposure incident. That means nobody in, nobody out. We can't risk spreading wherever may be present here."

"Cap.." Eddie interrupted as he saw Hen make a B-line for the vault. "Hen! Hen!" He yelled, cap following close behind.

With Hen now locked inside of the vault and now experiencing the same symptoms as the patient's things were becoming a much more pressing manner. Bobby ordered for everyone to change into hazmat gear and gas masks to avoid any further exposure. Buck and El led the job of separating the civilians and making sure they were masked up, wanting to make sure they weren't exposed, none of them becoming symptomatic.

Before long the hazmat team rolled in and began throwing around instructions, the 118 being a little out of their depth. Once the civilians were sorted, Eddie, Buck and El began to start work on the vault, still no sign of it opening any time soon, their tools not even scratching the surface...literally.

"Okay, two people, 72 breaths a minute, we need to drill into that vault and get some air flowing" Bobby confirmed.

"Doors are wired Cap. Running hot" Eddie spoke.

"We need to cut the power," Bobby instructed.

-

With the power now out and the hazmat team getting the civilians sorted it allowed the 118 to focus all their effort and energy on saving both their friend and patient that was trapped inside the vault. Eddie was able to drill through the vault which allowed them to put a tube through and pump o2 in.

"We're wide open Cap" El confirmed after turning the nozzle.

"Now what?" Eddie asked.

"Now we get in there" Cap nodded, the 4 of them staring at the monitor that had been set up.

"How are we gonna do that?" Buck asked.

"We're gonna crack this safe," Bobby confirmed.

-

"Mikey, you know how you're obsessed with Criminal Minds?" El spoke on the phone outside.

"Oh my god, are you going to watch it?" Mikey asked all excitedly.

"No, but I need you to come to this scene, we're trying to break into a vault and save Hen" She spoke.

"Okay..okay, text me the details" Mikey spoke before hanging up.

-

Once Mikey was on scene it was kind of too late as Bobby was way ahead of them however it least it meant he was an extra pair of hands. Bobby called the team together, asking them to bring some of the hand held equipment. "Okay, we start drilling here and here." Bobby pointed.

"Creating a crumple zone," Eddie added.

"Exactly," Cap nodded.

"Then what?" Buck asked.

"Then, I have an idea but we gotta soften it up first."

"Soften up a foot of concrete?" Chimney raised a brow.