Chapter 39 - Fallout

With Hen being out of action due to the unfortunate events that occurred a few days prior; The ambulance she was driving crashed into a car, resulting in the death of a young girl. El was now on driving duties, not that she minded though, it showed her another side of the job she didn't always get to see.

"So you and Buck seem to be better" Chimney commented as they drove to the scene.

"Yeah, I guess so. I mean, it's a lot of energy to stay mad at someone..." She sighed. "It's better for everyone if we just moved on" She shrugged.

"Yeah, you got that right," Chimney agreed. "You think you'll ever get back together?"

"Brave of you to assume we were together in the first place" El smirked at him as they pulled up to the scene and made their way inside.

"Oh, it fell all the way from heaven and land on top of her" The elderly woman spoke as she led them into the living room.

"You mean through her" Chimney commented with his usual dry sarcasm.

"This can't be happening, right?" Olivia spoke, her voice strained.

El crouched down and looked under the couch only to be met with Buck, the pair face to face, "Hi" Buck spoke with a cheeky smile.

"Hi" El spoke back, attempting to hide her smile. "Fancy seeing you here".

"Hey Cap" Buck spoke he looked up, being able to see Bobby through the hole in the girl. "And that chaise is also fused to her Cap" Buck commented upon hearing them talk above.

El wiggled her way back out from under the couch and up to her feet. "Guys! Guys, I-I found it. All the way from outer space" He grinned. "Should I grab it?"

"Not if you value your hand, and we all know you do" El rebutted.

"Doesn't belong to you, Buck," Bobby spoke, trying to brush over what El had said.

"It belongs in a museum" Chimney spoke impersonating Harrison Ford. El chuckled, being the only one to get the reference. "See, taste" Chiney gestured to El before Bobby began to instruct them.

"Okay, we're gonna need the saws, both of 'em" Bobby directed at El who gave a salute and headed outside. She returned and handed Buck one of the saws knowing full well he would want to use it. The pair of them got to work quickly in cutting the couch apart, them having to transport her with the pillows and all.

"Of all the people on the planet, the thing had to hit me." Oliva groaned.

"You know what? Only one other person in history has ever been hit by a meteorite and that was in the 50's. Which makes you, pretty special" Buck smiled.

"I don't feel special. How do you know that?" Olivia questioned. "Why do you know that?"

"Buck was on the pier when the tsunami hit. He's kind of obsessed with natural disasters." Eddie chimed in. With everything that had gone on between Buck and El, it was something she didn't know about him, however she had to admit she found it cute.

"You want a natural disaster? Pfft. Look no further than my life" Olivia spoke.

"Not anymore. Space rocks do not just fall out of the sky onto anybody. You are gonna be famous." Buck smiled at the girl.

"Okay, instant backboard on three. One, two, three" Cap stated as he and Buck hoisted up the makeshift backboard and headed out to the ambulance.

-

"How's your sleeping?" Frank asked.

"Same as it always is I guess..." El shrugged.

"And the usual is?" Frank raised a brow.