Chapter 60 - Mr and Mrs Buckley

"Gunshot wound to the chest. She was already dead when we got here" Athena spoke.

"Don't think you're gonna be needing those medkits." Bobby called over to the chaotic trio.

"Yeah, Crime Scene unit's on the way. We just need to get a medical confirmation that she's dead" Mikey spoke, making his way over to El, "Excuse me" Mikey said to Buck shyly before hugging El.

"On it" Chimney confirmed and headed to the body.

"Did he just say excuse me?" Buck whispered to Eddie. "Mikey's being weird"

"Mikeys being weird" El whispered to Buck once Mikey had gone back to Athena.

"That's what I just said to Eddie" Buck spoke back quietly.

"You should know, he's your best friend," Eddie spoke.

"Ooh, hey, whoever killed her kicked that gate in good" Buck pointed over to the gate. "Sae a clean footprint on it"

"Well that foot would be mine. The gate was latched shut from the inside. Front door was locked too." Athena confirmed.

"If everything was locked when you got here, how'd the murderer get in or out?" Eddie proposed.

"It's a locked-room mystery." Buck spoke.

"A locked-yard mystery. What do you think? Home invasion gone bad? Murder for hire?" Eddie continued.

"Was she married? 'Cause..you know. The husband is usually the culprit" El joined in with a smirk.

"Are we making a true crime podcast?" Athena mused playfully.

El started to have a little look around, always finding it interesting what Mikey and Athena did day to day. Mikey joined her as they looked down at the table, noticing an abundance of mail that wasn't addressed to her.

"The victim's name is Delia Narwood. She's the sole occupant of the property." The detective who dealt with El's assault case came in however tripped on a garden gnome, "And a..apparently fan of tiny garden statuary"

"None of this mail is addressed to Delia Narwood-it's not even the right house number" Mikey spoke.

"So she's stealing people's mail. Maybe she saw something she wasn't supposed to...and it got her killed!" Buck spoke as if he had solved the case.

"Okay Cagney and Lacey, Sherlock and Watson. I think your work here is done" Athena laughed alongside Bobby and Rick.

"I'm Sherlock right?" Mikey turned to El.

"No...just no" El shook her head which caused both Buck and Eddie to erupt in amused laughter.

-

El was pottering about in Buck's kitchen making them one of her special coffees when there was a knock at the door, "I got it" She called upstairs. She opened the door wearing nothing but one of Bucks jumpers which covered all the essentials. "Maddie" El smiled, "Wasn't expecting you....oh god is everything okay?" El's face dropped, realising it could be bad news.

"Hi" Maddie chuckled, "Everything's fine, I just need to talk to Buck, is he here?" Maddie asked, walking in as El stepped to the side.

"Buck!" El yelled upstairs, "Maddie is here"

"Coming" He called back and eventually appeared at the top of the stairs, making his way down.

"You want a coffee Maddie? I can make it decaf if you need?" El offered.

"Normally not a fan of decaf but everyone says you make a good coffee...so why not" Maddie gave her a sweet smile.

"On it" El gave her a sweet smile before handing Buck his coffee, him placing a kiss on her cheek.