Chapter 87 : Betrayer

Author's P.O.V.

Meanwhile...

"Did you get any clu- what happened to you Mr. Marcus ?" Xander asked him as soon as he entered in Wilson household.

"Nothing I am ok, it just I got into a scuffle with a thief. Nothing serious though" Marcus said wincing a little.

"Oh. Did you get any clue about Pari or Raven, Officer ?" Xander asked concerned.

"Actually yes" Marcus replied.

"Where ?" Ruby immediately asked him.

"Well, we got a news that last time Raven was seen in Fifth Avenue of Park Slope. I already sent my men there to investigate further. Don't worry, they will come soon. It seems to me that this kidnapping happened only for money-"

"We will give as much money as they want. Please tell them to return our children to us." Ruby requested sobbing. Xander rubbed her back and turned towards Marcus.

"Yes, I will give them as much money as they want. Just bring my kids back safe" He gritted his teeth.

Marcus nodded.

"By the way Officer, how is it possible ?" Ivan asked coming down the stairs.

Marcus frowned.

"You said before that Raven's phone was found on X-34th Street and now you're saying that Raven was last seen in Fifth Avenue of Park Slope ? While both these places are in opposite parts of the city. How ?" Ivan questioned. Xander frowned too looking at Marcus for answers while, Marcus stiffened unnoticeably.

"Well, you are right but it is possible that the kidnappers threw the phone at a different place to mislead us." Marcus replied.

"Ohh then is it possible that the recording of that car has been done in the CCTV cameras after all that car has roamed the whole city. One or the other camera must have captured it, right ?" Ivan asked.

"You are right. I will check all the cameras that comes on the way to Park Slope from X-34 Street" Marcus nodded.

"Okay."

Marcus turned towards Xander.

"If possible keep money ready as soon as possible" Marcus said and left from there.

Money ? But the kidnappers didn't even call for money, then why ?

Ivan thought before turning towards Xander.

"Uncle I will late tonight"

Without waiting for a reply, he went towards outside.

Opening his door, he sat in car and started its engine.

He took out his phone and dialled someone.

"X-34 street. Now"

Saying this, he declined it.

Time Skip.

"Why did you call me here ?" Alex asked frustrated.

"We will get proofs from here Alex" Ivan replied looking everywhere near that alley way.

"What ?"

"Yes ~" And Ivan told him everything what Marcus said them earlier.

"ALEX" Alex's head snapped towards Ivan and he jogged towards him.

"Raven's phone ?" Alex frowned.

"Yes Raven's phone but why this is here ? Had the police not taken it ?" Ivan frowned again looking at his surroundings.