Chapter 2: The heavenly sound of a System

Note : This is my first ever fanfiction. English is my third language so don't expect the most flawless writing from me. I had this idea for quite some time & wanted to give it life, so I started writing. Any helpful feedback is appreciated. Also again I own nothing except my own skin & do not want to offend any party. This is only for entertainment. Enjoy~

---

At this moment all the joy that I had previously felt at being reborn was completely washed away because a sexy Death & a cartoonish Satan were only two of the few things I had to worry about in Marvel. I instantly remembered about the inevitable purple simp that was obsessed about impressing his crush by massacring half the universe as well as the ever hungry planet eater.

There were countless such beings in this verse that wanted to end or rule all existence for stupid reasons.

You know what it doesn't matter, I was given the legendary second chance that was only given to anime protagonists till now. I was not gonna waste it. Even if I die I'll make sure to enjoy my 2nd life to the fullest before that.

However I need to make plans to get the most out of this oppurtunity and for that I need more information. Also I am not gonna say no to free support from these 'loyal followers'.

One of them was even loyal enough to give me a robe to hide my mighty sword (yes it was really really mighty, the type that can win wars alone) even though he seemed really afraid of me. Truthfully I don't blame him. Anybody would be afraid, because I did get out of an egg as a result of a suspicious ritual after all.

"Selene right, tell me more about this world and also about how you found out about the egg and the ritual" I asked her without wasting my words.

"Of course my lord. This planet is called earth, some call it Midgard as well. Humans are the dominant life on the planet currently. I however belong to a race superior to the humans called mutants, although we are not as superior as you my lord"

Ass-kissing huh, can't say I hate it.

"We mutants have to hide among the humans in fear for our lives because of our low numbers. It is currently the year 1996 according to Earth's calendar. Growth of Civilization right now is at an all time high and so are the crimes committed to the people of my race."

Wow, she is really concerned about mutants isn't she because she was sticking to the topic like a leech even though I never asked. Well atleast now I know what the year is.

"What about the egg & the ritual, how did you get the knowledge about those because you said that you were informed about it" I tried to hurry her along to the type of information I actually wanted. I needed to know who or what I am.

"Yes, my lord, I was told about you. I have been alive for a long time but I had lost purpose along the way. I didn't know why I was alive anymore. At first I foolishly thought that it was to rule over everything and be a queen but I could not be more wrong" the sexy priestess looked like she had gone to a flashback

"I tried to find power to become stronger so that I can rule everything and so I started searching for the legendary phoenix, the bird of life & rebirth but even after years of searching I only came across its stories but never found any actual proof of its power or existence."

Her story was going great actually, it sounded like the beginning of a genuinely great story or maybe I am just biased since a lot of my attention was on her slim and bountiful physique that her robe couldn't hide.

"But one night I had a dream where the legendary burning phoenix appeared to me & showed me a vision, a possible future of utter destruction & chaos that was awaiting us all, not only mutants but the end of all lives, a future so dark that there could not be any rebirth, no new creation originating from the ashes"

"But she also gave me a new hope, a solution to all our problems and showed me the existence and the location of her first and only child, an egg which never hatched, a child that was never born, the mutant god who would be our messiah"

Well talk about no pressure huh.

"After she showed me where the egg was & the ritual to give it its life back, I knew I was one of the very few people in the world who would be able to successfully complete the process due to my life force manipulation power. So I recruited some mutants who also wanted change the world like me and bring revolution. Thus after years of hard work and sacrificing the life force of countless humans, we atlast succeeded in awakening you"

Well I always thought I was special... wait did she say sacrificing humans, at that thought I looked around and finally noticed it or should I say notice them, husks of dried up dead bodies in human shapes beside the altar I was standing on.

Should I feel bad for them, I mean I know I am supposed to as an empathetic human being but truthfully I am inwardly glad that I am free from that egg even though they had to pay the price of my life with their lives. Shit! talk of a broken morality.

"Now my lord you with our help can finally take your rightful place as the god emperor of this universe and uplift the mutants to the superior race they are supposed to be."

God emperor huh, sounds pretty good, no wait I can't be tempted by the dark side even though there are such tasty cookies there like her extremely hot body that the dark robe she is wearing can't hide, no, pure thoughts pure thoughts.

But even if I wanted to I still wouldn't be able to be the messiah that they want me to be because I didn't exactly have reality bending powers they expect me to have, I know because I have been trying my hardest to use it over the last ten minutes to tear away Selene's clothes but nothing happened. So probably no telekinesis or other realty bending powers for now.

Isn't there supposed to some kind of cheat for a new reincarnator like a system or something.

It was at this point of time that I heard the most satisfying sound I have ever heard and it wasn't 'Oni-chan'.

[Ding! All available functions active]

[Supreme God system is now online]

---

Also you can check out my Pat reøn page as well to read ahead or just to support your amazing author. I have a lot of chapters in advance there.

(My Pat-reon uses the new billing method which means if you pledge on 15th of this month, you will have to pay again on the day you pledged, ie, 15th of the next month. So whenever you subscribe, you will get a whole month.)

pátreon.com/God_Doom

(replace the á with a)