Chapter 83: New god makes a bomb?

After Rudeus ended his call with the Ghost Rider letting him know that he is in for the hunt of Blackheart, he made his way towards his base through a boom tube. He had some preparations to do to make sure that things don't turn south in the worst-case scenario.

"Hello there," He said to Forge in a joking manner after stepping out of his boom tube.

"Lord Atem. I didn't see you there. The new research topics have kept me busy especially the things that you found at Dracula's castle. There were many complicated mystical artifacts and even some quite advanced World War technologies and weapons developed by Hydra in Dracula's treasury we loo... borrowed." Forge said not getting the joke.

He even made sure to use the word 'borrow' as he knew that the god in front of him didn't like the term 'steal' and didn't want to be called a thief while still being a god. He always made the fact clear that he only borrowed stuff and that too for the 'greater' good but never stole them.

"Where's Selene?" Rudeus asked as he looked around to find his first and most dedicated priestess.

"Oh, the Black Queen is in room no MR2, trying to research the Philosopher's Stone and its secrets. She has been there for the past three days, not even coming out for meals." Forge informed Rudeus.

"Oh, I see. I guess an intervention is required. Fine, you continue your work, I'll go and see what's up with Selene." Rudeus said as he went towards room MR2. The weird name of the room was due to the fact that it was the second room in the facility meant for mystical rituals.

'Maybe I should expand the facility more in a honeycomb-like underground structure like that of the Umbrella headquarters in the Resident Evil movies. I am really tempted to use the Sunstone crystal and make something like the Fortress of Solitude as my main base but unfortunately, I can't.

I have plans for that. The crystal can even take over an entire planet in the comics, so why waste it just making a single building? After all, there is a big moving celestial-like cosmic energy containing bad father planet that I can use it on after all." Rudeus thought as he remembered about the crystal lying in his inventory while walking to where Selene was.

As he entered the ritual room using his divine spirit perk without even knocking, he noticed Selene floating while sitting in a lotus position in the air with an old book in front of her and the rainbow-colored Philosopher's stone floating above the book.

"Good morning master. Forgive me for my absence for the last few days but it seems I had lost myself in magical research once again. After all, I had never thought that I would again get to see something as amazing as the Bloodstone and the Lifeline tablet. This little stone can be said to produce the perfected version of those immortality serums that those Greeks were so obsessed with in my time after they saw me turning immortal." Selene said as she reminisced about her early years.

"First it's evening actually. And second, Lifeline Tablet and Bloodstone? Do I need to know?" Rudeus asked as he looked at Selene with one of his brows raised.

He had heard about the Bloodstone before in his past life. It belonged to a female superhero monster-hunter of Marvel which gave her special powers and immortality. But he had never heard about anything called the Lifeline tablet before.

"Well, the Bloodstone was a piece of mystical meteorite that fell on Earth and was used by monster hunters and sorcerers to increase their powers and abilities. The Lifeline tablet on the other hand is supposed to have different formulas etched on it like that of immortality, evolution, resurrection, and other stuff. It even has a twin opposite the Deathline tablet which deals with poisons and diseases. Although, I have never seen either tablet with my own eyes, just heard the stories and myths.