Chapter 121: Cracking an Amber

---

"If you don't share someone's pain, you can never understand them."

– Nagato, (Naruto)

---

After Rudeus found the amber, he soon declared lunch. He didn't want to break the amber now. It was only after the exploration ended that he would free the trapped X-men.

So, the crystal was kept safely by Rudeus in his inventory as he gave the excuse of opening it in a safe controlled environment to everyone watching.

After that, he brought out dozens of bento boxes from his inventory filled to the brim with various dishes, the primary theme being Japanese cuisine for today. He had specially hired one of the most expensive chefs in Japan to prepare all of this.

He had even bought scores of extremely expensive bottles of sake to match the concept.

"Everyone dig in. Eat and drink to your heart's content. There is much more where that came from." He said as he used his telekinesis to float the food and drinks to everyone. Of course, only the teachers were allowed to drink alcoholic drinks while the rest of them just drank non-alcoholic juices and shakes.

Krakoa even changed some of the island's trees and turned the area they were sitting in into an orchard filled with Japanese cherry blossom trees to fit the theme as they all talked among each other, shared drinks, and had a magnificent time just chilling.

Some enjoyed it even more than others like Wolverine who somehow ended half of Rudeus' sake stash without dying, although that didn't annoy Rudeus at all.

In fact, he didn't even care. He was busy being fed by all of his girls who had all mostly accepted the idea of sharing him and even appeared to be cool with it, at least on the outside.

After the entire thing was over he decided to finally end the adventure.

"Okay. Let's end the exploration here. Psylocke and her team is already the winner of the contest and they will soon receive their prizes in the form of food cooked by professional chefs three times a day, every day for the entire next week. However the others need not be sad, I am sure that you will all have your chances to win the next time we go exploring again" Rudeus declared with a smile on his face.

After that, he opened a boom tube to the mansion through Zoya and dropped everyone back at the school.

"I will take you to Earth tomorrow buddy. Till then, you should prepare your luggage if you have any." Rudeus said as he made a joke and he too went back to Earth. He still needed to open the amber crystal and let the X-men out after all.

'*Sigh* I have so many responsibilities.' He muttered to himself.

***

Regret. That was what he was feeling right now. He hadn't really regretted anything after he came to Marvel. In fact, he was happy with everything he had done till this point but he truly understood what regret was after he broke apart the amber crystal trapping the X-men and released them.

He had foreseen a lot of things that could happen while they were on this trip and he had prepared for them in advance as well. He was even prepared for a fight breaking out with him against the newly freed X-men. But nothing like that happened.

All of the X-men were very peaceful and most of them looked tired and weak except Vulcan and Darwin. The two looked vastly different from the other trapped metahumans, mostly because they had merged into one being for some reason, maybe to protect themselves more efficiently but this resulted in something unimaginable.