Chapter 44: Vanessa's Ambition

Rudeus was surprised at the interruption. he didn't think that anyone would oppose him so openly. He almost doubted if his Golden Rule perk was really as op as he thought.

But when he saw who the person who had interrupted him was, he removed that thought from his mind.

It was Magneto who had opposed him. Rudeus should have expected this. Magneto was one of the leaders of the mutants who believed in force instead of negotiations and a peaceful approach.

Normally Rudeus wouldn't have that much of a bad impression of such a person if that approach could be justified. But the problem was Magneto, at least the one in this universe regularly participated in acts of terrorism to bring change in the current status of mutants.

Truthfully Rudeus didn't think that Magneto even wanted to bring change any more. What he wanted was just to establish mutants as a superior race to humans while making sure to wipe out most of the humanity, while enslaving the rest.

He wouldn't go for a peaceful approach even if he was offered one. Eric Magnus Lensherr who had once been a victim of the Nazis, who had hated Hitler due to the dictator's policies had himself become another dictator like Hitler with time.

He had not only lost his way but lost himself as well. Rudeus even though sympathized with him, still wouldn't let the old man have his way. He needed Genosha to increase his power and influence to the global level and he would not let anybody stand in his way.

"It doesn't matter what you think, Magneto. What matters is that these people need my help and I am here to give it to them. If you try to prevent me from helping these people just because of your stupid pride, then I am afraid that I'll have to knock down that ego of yours." Rudeus threatened.

He really didn't want to kill Magneto. He had thought about him and wanted to see if he could use the metal controlling in furthering his own influence.

Magneto would be useful, his powers were quite unique. Rudeus had even searched for Magneto's daughter, Polaris. He had found her as well. But currently, she was leading a peaceful life with her adoptive parents so Rudeus didn't try to recruit her.

He was waiting for the right time when she would awaken her powers. So he had an option, even if he killed Magneto, he would still have a mutant with powers over electromagnetism but training Lorna Dane from scratch would be a headache.

So he still preferred Magneto in his team but if he were to oppose him, then Rudeus would not show any mercy. He might be a merciful god but he was a strict one as well.

As Rudeus was deciding the fate of Magneto in his mind, the master of magnetism himself quietly floated down while glaring at Rudeus. For some reason, the mutant dictator didn't quite seem like himself today.

* * *

<(Vanessa Carlysle, aka, Copycat POV)>

"For the last time, I am not a ninja Elizabeth. I might have a body like one but sadly I am not. So stop thinking that I can keep up with you." I yelled to Psylocke.

She was really getting on my nerves.

Right now, we are in a hunt, a hunt for one of the smartest men on the planet in Russia. We are currently hunting Bolivar Trask, the famous weapons designer, and CEO of Trask Industries.

Why are we hunting him? Because the extremely intelligent dwarf made the extremely foolish decision of making master his enemy by trying to go against us, the Metahumans.

A few hours ago, the master had ordered us for some reason to search for Bolivar Trask, well he had actually ordered that to Braddock.

But she needed a partner in this to complete this mission successfully, a partner with a skillset like mine.