Chapter 133: Furious Problems (2)

---

"Human strength lies in the ability to change yourself."

– Saitama, (One-Punch Man)

---

<(Omniscient pov)>

"Director Fury, so kind of you to join us." Alexander Pierce threw a small 'friendly' quip toward Fury as the one-eyed master spy stood in front of the multiple screens occupied by the members of the council responsible for overseeing the entirety of Shield.

"I came the moment I was notified. After all, it is my responsibility to do so as the current director of Shield." Fury replied without showing any reaction on his face.

"I think we should start our meeting now if everybody is done greeting each other. The main purpose of our meeting today is to discuss the recent growth of mutant unrest, especially in America. We have been successful in keeping the peace among humans ever since the Second World War and have single-handedly managed to do so but recent events have begun to threaten all that we have stood for." A middle-aged woman with her face blurred on the screen spoke quite seriously.

"Yes, I have been wondering the same thing director. Why is it that a floating island comes from space itself joining an island and you do not even inform us? Why is it that Shield despite being one of the best premier secret organizations in the world cannot even keep one single country in check? If we were to go by the recent events, one can almost deduce that you are incompetent." An old man with a slight Japanese accent said as the sound of a slight smirk was heard at the end.

"And what would you have me do? I would be glad to take care of this 'mutant unrest' and 'alien island' as you call it if you can provide me with an efficient way to counter it. Mutants or metahumans as they now like to call themselves have united under a single banner for the first time ever and they have a lot of support behind them. From wealthy companies to influential personalities, the media and even half of the current government are supporting their movement and have recognized them as a branch of the human species with the same rights as ordinary humans. Trying to antagonize them openly is the same as trying to antagonize human rights which we all know won't end so well for us." Fury informed them.

"What about the island? It has the largest population of metahumans all over the world right? Maybe we can try to take over the country to take control of the movement?" A new voice questioned from one of the screens.

"As much as I appreciate your recent membership into the council General Ross, I still have to remind you that this is not the army. We cannot just barge in and take whatever we want. You may ignore human rights in the experiments that you conduct secretly in the army but the general people won't. Also, even if we were to let's say try to 'free' the island from its 'dictatorship', we would still have no way actually winning in the resulting battle that ensues without suffering immensely ourselves." Fury said as he frowned at the General who was one of the very few people who did not have his face blurred on the screen.

"So you are saying that our arsenal of nukes is useless against one single island?" The General bit back with a sarcastic smirk.

"Nukes? You are telling me to nuke an island full of people who could make explosions as strong as our strongest nukes or create black holes that can destroy the world faster than you can trim your beard, General? A fight that took place on the island a couple of months back resulted in an explosion that measured seven point five on the Richter scale and was approximately as powerful as twenty-seven kilotons of TNT which was bigger than the atom bomb we dropped at Nagasaki and yet the island suffered NO recorded civilian casualties or deaths for some reason, NO landmass lost.