Chapter 85: Rise of the Dark Phoenix

---

"Oh yes, the past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it."

—Rafiki, [The Lion King]

---

<(Scott Summers, aka, Cyclops pov)>

"This is getting too much Scott. Not only are you not teaching the students well but you punched another student just because he wrote that Jean was his first crush in his essay. You are seriously unstable right now Scott. You need to get yourself in check before you do some serious harm to yourself or the people around you." Ororo said to Scott in suppressed anger.

She had been ignoring Scott's rude behavior and destructive lifestyle for the past few days but this was too much. He was not only destroying his own life slowly but also hurting others as well, both physically and psychologically.

"You don't understand Miss Ororo. That bastard had the gall to write about Jean, my Jean. It's like everybody forgot about her after she died, like nobody cares about her death while I feel like I have lost the very purpose of my life, the very meaning of my existence. I don't even know what to do anymore." Scott yelled in frustration.

"But it doesn't give you the right to say hurtful words to someone nor does it give you the right to hurt others physically and force them to feel the same pain you are feeling. And Jean wasn't yours, she was her own person. *Sigh* Look I understand how you feel but you need to move on. You need to get your life under control before you do something that you seriously regret later." Ororo said in a sympathetic voice as she truly was feeling pity for him.

"I'll try Miss Ororo. I'll be going back to my dorm now. I am not really feeling well." Scott excused himself without even waiting for permission from Ororo.

As he left, Ororo didn't say anything else as she just stared at his leaving back with complicated eyes filled with both annoyance and pity.

Cyclops went straight to his room and locked himself in there. He had even kicked out his previous angel-winged roommate after Jean's death as he didn't want to share his room with anyone and risk them finding out about his fragile current condition of mind.

"Goddamn, it. Why did you have to leave Jean? Why were you stupid enough to die? Couldn't you just let somebody else make the sacrifice for a change?" He yelled to himself in rage as he began to throw away everything he got his hands on in anger.

"Why why why WHY?" He raged as he felt tears building up behind his ruby red glasses but still not a single drop of tear came out.

{Scott Scott save me Scott come to me save me help me Scott please Scott come help}

Distorted whispers suddenly began to echo in his mind as he struggled to understand what he was hearing. Everything was a jumble in his mind as the incoherent whispers barely made sense.

But what he did recognize in those whispers was the voice of Jean, his Jean.

He couldn't understand if he was going crazy or if Jean was really alive and needed help. But he wasn't going to take a chance. He was going to do everything to make sure that he could get back to his Jean. He needed to get her back, to make his life normal again.

He quickly ran downstairs to the school garage and stole the keys to Wolverine's motorcycle that was kept there and drove it straight to Alkali Lake, precisely where the whispers seemed to point him to.

As he reached his destination, he quickly ran to the shore and he stared at the calm lake in the hope of seeing his lost love once again. But all was for naught.