Chapter 87: Teamwork or Teacher's Work?

---

"Some people will always need help. That doesn't mean they're not worth helping."

—Meera Reed, Game of Thrones

---

"Burn as*holes, burn." Ghost Rider yelled in a gruff voice as he continued spewing hellfire from his hands onto everything around him that moved. It was a clear strategy just like Rudeus spamming divine energy bullets to kill those pesky inferior demons.

But unfortunately for both of our demon hunters here, that was only a temporary fix. Because not only did the killed demons return every time they were destroyed but also the confident Blackheart who although enjoyed himself seeing the two suffer from the continuous assault of his demon servant, looked like he was slowly getting bored and might soon decide to finish the job himself.

In one way Blackheart was toying with the duo like some final floor bosses in video games do by making their infinitely resurrecting minions work for them than directly attacking themselves. But the real difficulty would only start when the boss starts attacking. And this annoyed Rudeus even more.

Now that he thought about it, of course, Blackheart would have access to centuries worth of demonic magical knowledge due to his identity as the demon prince of hell. As for reality manipulation, he should have guessed it before as well when he heard him mention this splinter space being his new domain.

'Then, why was I so overconfident at that time that I didn't even consider that Blackheart could grow more powerful than what was shown in the movies? Why? It almost seemed like I had temporarily grown stupid like most of the other prideful gods in existence. Tchh.' Rudeus clicked his tongue in annoyance as he blamed his own momentary arrogance.

Right now Blackheart was very much similar to Dormammu. No, not in regard to power. The demon prince was not even near the Lord of the Dark Dimension in power scaling but what was similar between them was how their powers worked.

Both derived the main source of their power primarily from the realm they laid claim to.

"Hey Ghosty, you remember our original plan?" Rudeus asked while cutting off the heads of a dozen demons at once with an energy axe.

"Don't call me that. And yes, I do remember that stupid plan." The Spirit of Vengeance answered in a gruff voice.

"Good. Because now, we will need to go all out. These inferior demons might not even be actual real demons, probably just incarnations of Blackheart's will through this place. We can't spend all our time and energy on these, otherwise, we will just be stuck in an endless loop. We need to find a way to attack Blackheart directly and actually do some damage to him." Rudeus said as he looked at Ghost Rider who had his bony burning hand inside a demon's stomach.

"Teamwork?" Ghost Rider asked to make sure he was understanding what Rudeus was trying to say. At first, he had thought that they would just be fighting their own fights since Rudeus didn't look like someone who fought in a team. Well, usually, neither did he. And that's why he hadn't bothered to try working with Rudeus in a synchronized way to get rid of Black Heart.

But if the young god wanted to work as a team, then he wouldn't say no to it.

"Yep, teamwork," Rudeus replied.

Both of them had a mutual understanding of what they should do now to have a chance against Blackheart. As they both got ready, Rudeus quickly killed the demons near with a small blast of his divine energy and got ready to try out a new move he had been trying to copy for the last few days.

Dozens of golden-red swirling inventory portals of his began to open all around the battlefield, especially around Blackheart.

"You still think you can kill me with your weapons? I admit your red energy can damage my very concept and might have even been able to truly kill me previously but now in this new domain, I can heal myself faster than you can damage me. This realm itself provides me with infinite energy to strengthen my very being." The prince of hell confidently exclaimed.