Chapter 82: A Witch making some Friends and a New god getting a call

"Where am I? This is really comfortable. Wait, does that mean I am dead?" Wanda said to herself as she woke up and felt the soft blanket wrapped around her. For someone who had grown up in poverty and constant war, it seemed to her like she had died and arrived in heaven.

All she remembered was being abducted by the local people in her town after she tried to experiment with her powers and mistakenly burnt her room in the orphanage though nobody was fortunately hurt. Truthfully after that, she didn't even try to resist much, just accepting her fate and the sad end to her sorry life.

After that, she didn't remember much as something caused her to fall asleep even when her life was in danger. She just remembered bits and pieces of what she had seen when she had sometimes woken up in a trance or opened up her eyes only to fall asleep again at the next moment.

She remembered seeing the warped face of a demon with a weird-shaped mouth, hundreds of people carrying... pitchforks and torches? and also flashes of the face of an angel. It was the most beautiful being she had ever seen, like someone that shouldn't even exist in this impure world. Perhaps he was her guardian angel who tried to guide and protect her from death but still failed.

At this, all sorts of curious thoughts began to race through her mind like what sort of afterlife she was in now that she had died or if there was some kind of induction program for new arrivals. She even wondered if she would be able to meet her dead parents. But soon, her patience ended and she could no longer wait lying on the soft bed. She decided to explore this heaven herself to see what this was about.

She got up from the bed and noticed she was wearing some nice and comfortable robes. After she got out of the room wearing a pair of flip-flops she found beside the bed, she began exploring the place.

Originally she had expected to see some angels with wings in here or some holy maiden wearing tunics but instead, she saw teenagers talking among themselves about studies and videogames. Some even wore gothic outfits and a few even had piercings in different places. This made Wanda quite amazed at how liberal this afterlife was.

"Hey, I have never seen you around. What's your name? Are you new? Do you want me to give you a trip? Which year are you in?" A young girl suddenly came into her view and threw a torrent of questions toward her without waiting for her to answer. However this didn't startle Wanda, what startled her was the fact that the hyperactive girl was followed by a comparatively shy, blue-skinned boy with an actual tail attached to him.

"Wow," Wanda said subconsciously as she believed she was seeing an actual real-life demon again and she really was in heaven or maybe hell.

"Oh. This is Kurt Wagner, my friend. He is also a student here like us. He is a little blue due to his unique mutation but doesn't go on his looks. He is the most well-behaved student here with straight A's. Also, I am Katherine Pryde but my friends call me Kitty. You can call me that too." Kitty introduced herself and Kurt while making sure to let Wanda know that Kurt was her friend so that Wanda didn't say anything rude about him.

"I am Wanda. Nice to meet you two. You just mentioned that he is a student right? So this is like some sort of school. I mean do they teach the newly dead people here how to adjust to this afterlife and stuff?" Wanda asked innocently as she couldn't contain her curiosity anymore.

"Huh? Newly dead? What do you mean? We all are alive. I mean I may be a little thinner and shorter than most people but that doesn't make me a dead skeleton. We are all metahumans who study in this school to not only get our required education but also to learn how to control our powers." Kitty said as she bended her head slightly in a cute curious expression.

"... So we are all alive and not dead. YAAY. I really thought that was the end of my short pitiful life. Ooof, Thank god. Anyways, what are these metahumans you mentioned? You said I was one too?" Wanda almost had tears in her eyes due to her joy of still being alive. She controlled those tears somehow however and asked Kitty for further clarification.