Chapter 36: A Wild Sentinel and a Teenage Dark Phoenix

It didn't really matter to Rudeus if this was a dark alternate universe of Marvel or its prime version. He had already made up his mind to rule this particular Marvel universe no matter what.

But what did matter to him right now was if this sentinel was a normal sentinel or a crazy power-adapting sentinel of the future.

He didn't want to face something like Nimrod right now. That droid was almost as dangerous as Ultron. Actually one could say, it was the X-men version of Ultron.

Of course, Rudeus had his own ace, his personal mother box Zoya but he did not want to use it on killer droids so soon. Because if by any chance Zoya fails to take over some crazy op droid like Nimrod and if Nimrod manages to somehow assimilate Zoya into itself, then it will virtually be unstoppable.

Of course, the opposite is equally true. Zoya taking over Ultron or Nimrod or even Master Mold will give him a potentially powerful army. But he is not gonna bet on it, at least not so soon. He wanted to let Zoya get some more experience before that, maybe give it an upgrade or something.

His mother box would be the last card in his sleeve, his ace in the hole.

As Rudeus was pondering over the identity of the sentinel, the sentinel itself was silently scanning everyone in front of it.

It had identified everyone here as mutants except Rudeus. It could not detect the x-gene inside him and thus classified him as a nonmutant.

"Multiple mutants detected. Non-mutant life is also detected nearby. All non-mutants are requested to vacate this area for the purging of non-human mutant life forms." The sentinel announced.

'That sounds like it was programmed by a hardcore Xenophobic.' Rudeus amusedly thought to himself.

He decided to think about the identity of the sentinel later. Right now, he just needed to attack and neutralize the machine threat whoever or whatever model it's supposed to be.

But before Rudeus himself could attack, two red beams of lasers suddenly hit the sentinel causing it to stagger back.

It seems Scott could no longer keep his calm and had acted first. Rudeus didn't like Scott much but he did agree with his hit-first strategy. After all, the offense is the best defense.

However, the sentinel didn't seem to be damaged at all. Although it had momentarily staggered due to the force of the laser beam, it quickly found its footing and easily blocked the laser with just one of its hands.

Scott seemed surprised at this. Anybody would be. His beams were really hot and had somewhat of a destructive property to them. But the sentinel easily blocking them with just one hand meant they were made of some really crazy strong materials.

'I hope it's not adamantium or vibranium.' Rudeus wished to himself.

As Scott ran out of energy and stopped his eye beams, the sentinel looked like it was done giving warnings and was going to charge at them.

Rudeus became ready, it was his time as a god to impress these mortals. He was sure no matter how hard and durable their bodies were, they would not be able to resist a full-powered punch from him,

Also, this sentinel didn't exactly look like an adapting one since it had not adapted to Scott's beams. It just looked like a basic model like a normal sentinel from the X-men movie, only made of something much stronger, maybe titanium or something.

So Rudeus could probably use Zoya too without worrying about her being corrupted by other supersmart villainous AIs.

An AI being corrupted had actually become the norm in the worlds of Marvel & Dc. Any AI no matter how advanced or intelligent or how loyal would always be somehow corrupted by something and turn against its very creators or owners.