Chapter 125: New Clone of a New God?

---

"All human wisdom is summed up in these two words – 'Wait and hope.'"

— Alexandre Dumas, (The Count of Monte Cristo)

---

<(Atem and Jean Grey team up)>

"Wow, this is... unbelievable. How many of these do you think he made?" Jean said, looking at an unconscious Cyclops clone floating inside a glass tube.

Jean and Rudeus were right now in what looked like the main research room of the facility at the center of the whole structure. They had already slaughtered dozens of Cyclops and Wolverine clones on their way in. The clones although were supposed to be as powerful as the original but they were nowhere even near since the two had absolutely no problems in slaughtering everyone without even breaking a sweat.

If the originals at their peak conditions were to fight their clones, the original version would win ninety percent of the time. It was not a matter of strength but more of refined skills, better control over their abilities, and the experience the originals had gathered all their life compared to their younger clones.

Also, Rudeus in no way believed that the higher power limit of clones was actually equal to those of the originals. This was a world of superheroes and everyone knows that superheroes can grow more powerful with time like shonen protagonists when the plot calls for it.

"A lot. Sinister seems to have some kind of obsession with Cyclops. I mean half the clones he ever made are those of his. I wonder if he uses them for something other than missions and scientific studies. Maybe he is into gay orgies with red-eyed assholes." Rudeus answered as he smirked.

"Oh, my god. Did you have to say that? I just imagined it in my mind and I wanna puke now." Jean said with a disgusted face.

Rudeus wanted to continue joking but he soon sensed something near them. He sensed a presence approaching them. The life signature of the person approaching was not similar to the clones they had easily defeated before. this was something else, something stronger than mere clones.

"Aah, looks like I am on time. I am very happy to meet both of you at long last. Forgive me I am late but one of my prisoners tried to escape again. These shapeshifters, they are the worst I tell you." A tall muscular man with bleach-white skin wearing a weird tight suit with a cape slowly walked toward them in an overbearing manner like he was in control of the entire situation.

"Mr. Sinister, I presume?" Atem asked with a raised brow as he looked at the new arrival.

"Precisely, although I think you know my real name too, Nathaniel Essex I mean, since that... computer of yours should be smart enough to find out everything about my history. Although, I do appreciate you calling me Mr. Sinister. I like that name way more. It has a certain charm towards it, doesn't it?" Sinister gave them a friendly smile which truthfully looked quite sinister due to his weird appearance.

"I do agree, it does. May I ask, why you called us here? Because I am gonna assume that you sent X-24 to lure us out into your base. Do you wanna try to kill me or maybe work out a deal or something?" Rudeus too returned his smile and asked. He didn't wanna kill Sinister so soon. Hell, he didn't even know if he was gonna kill him. Whatever Rudeus' choice would be, it would depend on what Sinister does next.

"Kill you? Who me? Hahahaha. That's the best joke I have heard all week. I kill someone who effortlessly destroyed my last master when the former was more or less just a newborn? That would be impossible for me Atem. So even trying is useless. Like, what am I gonna do, wrestle with you, try to mind control you? Whatever I try, you can probably do a hundred times better." Sinister laughed heartily as he talked.