Chapter 90: Meeting everyone before leaving (1)

---

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

—Winnie the Pooh, [The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh]

---

"Wait, you are going away? You can't, not right now. I mean, we need you right now. The X-men need you You can't go away to some fairy land to learn magic whenever you feel like it. It doesn't work that way." Ororo had tears in the corner of her eyes after Rudeus called her into the Genosha consulate room the next day and told her about him leaving soon.

"You are making it sound like I am leaving forever or something. I am just leaving the dimension temporarily for training. I can always come back whenever I want. I'll just be a boom tube away. The only thing I'll not be able to attend is these boring consulate sessions in Genosha which I am glad for by the way." Rudeus joked with Ororo to ease her worries.

"I-I guess. But the children will probably miss you a lot. I'll miss you as well After Scott was found in a coma that day, it has been quite difficult for the students to be normal. He has been on life support ever since. We couldn't even find out what exactly happened to him. We are trying to heal him but his body is completely fine, it's his mind that is in pieces. The professor is working on it but it will take time. The kids miss their friends... Plus you didn't meet quite a lot of our new intakes. They are the next generation of metahumans. All of them have quite a good potential, I have to admit." Ororo tried to hide her sadness.

"Oh please. I know who will miss me the most." Rudeus said with a teasing smile as he flicked a lock of hair from Ororo's face and cupped her left cheek with his hand. "And as for Scott, I think his mind can be cured eventually with some magic. I am sure there is some spell out there that can cure mind breaks. Although, I have to admit I will enjoy the calm that I will have without hearing his annoying voice for a few days. Also, I want to meet the new recruits too. I never officially introduced myself to the girl that I rescued that day after all."

"You aren't thinking of trying to woo another one of our students right? Because half the school already has an open crush on you while the other half is either jealous or has a secret crush on you." Ororo giggled.

"Hah hah, very funny. Anyway, let's go to the School and meet the new students. I need to leave within the next three days so I don't have much time. Also, I wanna take you to that date we planned before I leave." Rudeus smiled as he opened a boom tube to the School for the gifted, leaving Ororo who was giddy from happiness quickly follow behind.

As they got out of their boom tube directly inside the school faculty room, they were immediately noticed by Beast who almost had a mini heart attack thinking they were being attacked again.

"God! Can you guys not surprise me like that? I guess I have to place new updated security measures in the school to prevent people from entering and leaving the school just like that whenever they wish." Hank muttered to himself as he went ahead to prepare some designs of new security systems since this was a lunch break and he had some free time now.

"By the way, what happened to the professor? Is he still grounded in his room? Or did you guys already forgive them for his crimes of mind rape?" Rudeus asked Ororo ignoring Hank as he suddenly remembered about Xavier.

"Ah, he has been removed from the school board and from his official principal position. Right now, we are still allowing him to teach the kids since he is actually a good teacher but he is on thin ice. The moment we get a third strike against him, he will be removed from his teacher position as well. That is why he has been behaving quite well recently.

Also, Selene has been helping put mental shields to protect my mind so I will know the moment he tries anything, since according to Selene, I am a natural at protecting my mind against telepaths." Ororo said while smiling proudly.