Chapter 42: New god vs New prototype sentinel

"Stop there you piece of junk. You are not welcome here. Run back to your little makers before I decide to scrap you for parts." Rudeus yelled to get everyone's attention.

He really wanted to puke because of the extreme cringe he himself had just uttered but his unholy cringy dialogue had successfully attracted the attention of most of the people here, both sentinels and mutants.

Right now, his golden perk probably had to work double time to not make him seem like an idiot. 'God, I wish I had read some good motivational hero quotes in my last life.' he thought.

Rudeus looked around through the corner of his eyes expecting everyone to be cringing right now but unexpectedly all the mutants looked at him like he was their beacon of hope. Even the sentinels for some reason had stopped their actions as they looked at the floating young god.

However Magneto for some reason was frowning at Rudeus but didn't say anything.

"Another pathetic mutant I see. Well, no matter, it's just another insect for me to crush after all. Also, my name is Nimrod. Remember the name when you choke on your own fluids, you meat bag" The fiery sentinel said.

'That's interesting. So the sentinel is not just another unintelligent sentinel similar to the ones in the movie but the very famous villain Nimrod from the comics. But the question is how does it exist right now when it was supposed to be developed decades in the future.' Rudeus couldn't make sense of how this particular universe worked.

Maybe there were unknown forces working behind the scenes or maybe it was just fate trying to correct itself but whatever it was, Rudeus was having one hell of a headache because of it.

Magneto attacked Nimrod trying to take advantage of the sentinel's distraction. He controlled a swarm of metal particles to completely destroy Nimrod but the sentinel released a fire explosion that not only destroyed the attack but also threw Magneto back into a wreckage.

It then concentrated back on Rudeus. It couldn't detect any mutant gene in the person standing in front of it but it could detect that he was not human. So it is to terminate him due to him not being a pure 'human'.

"What are we waiting for then? Let's fight and end this once and for all." Rudeus showed a battle-hungry smile. He made sure to speak quite loudly to make sure everyone heard him. He was putting up a show after all.

He had even ordered Zoya to broadcast his fight with the sentinel to everyone present on the island. She also had the responsibility to take control of all the remaining sentinels and control them while he was fighting.

Under her control, the sentinels would still fight against the mutants here but they would make sure not to destroy too much property or take any more life.

Rudeus would only make them stop after he was done showing off thrashing Nimrod, the leader of the sentinels publicly, like a hero and savior of the mutants.

He was not being evil or anything, just making sure that his hard work gets recognized and rewarded at the end of the day like any other normal sane person would want it to. He was not selfless like Spiderman after all.

Nimrod was the first one to attack as it rained fire on him, literally. Rudeus of course didn't even move. he didn't even need to activate his spirit perk to dodge this attack. He just calmly watched the sentinel's desperate attempt to burn a god like him.

Nimrod soon realized that fire would probably not do anything to the person standing before it. So it shifted to other different attacks. It fired high-powered plasma cannons at Rudeus.

He didn't take them head-on. He wasn't a masochist so he just became intangible and phased through those attacks and quickly closed the distance to the sentinel.