Chapter 107: Never Gonna Give You Up

---

"Destiny. Fate. Dreams. These unstoppable ideas are held deep in the heart of man. As long as there are people who seek freedom in this life, these things shall not vanish from the Earth."

— Gold D. Rodger, (One Piece)

---

"Hello... my son." An ethereal voice boomed behind Rudeus sounding like the combined voice of countless females but strangely it still sounded as clear and melodious as a canary singing its song.

Rudeus immediately turned behind and saw the biggest goddamn bird in his life. It was a bird-shaped entity made of pure golden and crimson red fire. It was unbelievably beautiful and extremely scary at the same time.

He wondered how he wasn't able to feel the massive bird approaching him or even standing there right behind him all this time. It seemed that his cosmic awareness wasn't really working here at all. He was a blind bird here, pun intended.

"Let me guess, you are my dear old mommy, aren't you? The layer of my egg?" Rudeus tried to be funny to not let this situation get awkward. He didn't know how to feel in a situation like this. He didn't even know how to react to meeting his so-called 'mom'.

He wasn't sure if he had a mother in his last life but he wasn't really interested in having one right now especially since he didn't trust in cosmic and interdimensional entities. According to his otaku knowledge and experiences, most of them were either a bunch of 'greater good' guys or 'maintaining balance through any means' kind of people. None of them ever really cared for friends and family.

"Yes... and no..." The phoenix force answered in an emotionless voice. Although she seemed to be in some kind of dilemma while answering him. She seemed to be somewhat confused about how to answer.

"You can't tell me after all this that you are not sure if I am your child or not because I don't think there are any cosmic DNA tests available for this type of situation." Rudeus retorted back, a little angry for some reason.

'God, I think I am behaving like some sort of angry rebellious teenage punk, aren't I?' He thought to himself but he couldn't stop being angry at the phoenix force now for some reason.

"I am your mother but in a more spiritual kind of way. You were born because of my power, your existence is shaped by my multiversal being. But your physical body was born from a woman made of flesh and blood, a human woman. So, you can say that I am only one of your mothers." The voice of the Phoenix force boomed still not displaying a shred of emotion.

"Wait what? My mother was a human? But I thought that..." Rudeus was more than confused. If he was human, then why did his system say that he was some sort of New god? Was he a god at all or was the system lying to him from the very start? And if his soul came from the Phoenix force, does that mean that he wasn't reincarnated at all? He never had a previous life?

Rudeus felt a headache coming due to all the questions forming in his mind.

"Yes indeed, your mother was infact a human woman. However, she was special. She was a mutant among her people, a kind and compassionate woman who saw the good in everyone, yet could be as dangerous as a mother wolf when it came to her protecting someone or something she held dear.

And most important of all, she was my host, my first ever human host. I still remember it like yesterday when I first bonded with her, Firehair." Maybe it was just his imagination but it seemed like Phoenix's stoic and emotionless voice almost turned a little emotional at the end like she was remembering something nostalgic about her past.

"Hey hey, lady Phoenix don't go emotional on me now. I would love to know my sad little backstory from you but right now I don't have time for this. I need to save Jean from her psychotic personality born from your negative influence, aka, the Dark Phoenix who is slowly taking over her mind. Do you know where she is or how to save her?" Rudeus asked. His number one priority right now was to save Jean. After that, he would consider fulfilling his first mission by listening to the Phoenix Force's story.