Chapter 48: New god vs Master of magnetism (2)

"At least something exciting. You know, I should thank you, Cassandra. I was almost beginning to think that I had already become overpowered and invincible and nobody posed any danger to me anymore. But, you broke that belief, you gave a challenge to me and I am grateful for that." Rudeus said as he began to concentrate cosmic energy in his palms.

If Magneto could use so much power, then he himself could let loose as well. He just would have to make sure that his attacks don't wipe out the country or kill everyone on the island.

A ball of dense cosmic energy began to form in his hand as he aimed it at Cassandra.

"Let's see if that barrier of yours could tank this." Rudeus shot it out at Cassandra. The cosmic bullet struck Magneto's forcefield almost at the speed of light which was followed by a huge explosion in the sky.

Rudeus saw that Magneto had been pushed back multiple kilometers. However, there was not a single speck of dust on him.

But the possessed old man looked worse for wear now. Although he had successfully protected himself, he was still tired because of overusing his own powers to strengthen the barrier and resist the energy blast.

However, Cassandra didn't say anything at all. She gave no villain monologues this time and just focused on pulling out more of Magneto's power. She was determined on ending this fight as soon as possible due to her declining stamina as Magneto's body was still that of a normal human.

As she concentrated more and more, the surrounding area became more chaotic. The thunderstorms intensified, pouring their wrath on Rudeus' intangible body. Electricity began to flow through the rocks as well.

Metal mines and reserves from deep inside the island began to rise up from the ground as hills and pillars. Even metals from the surrounding seas began to rise up on the shores of the island.

The entire island began to shake with an earthquake with the waves becoming bigger and bigger like a tsunami.

Rudeus began to feel pressure from all around him. Cassandra had started manipulating gravity to attack and bind him. Although it was not really hurting him, it still restricted some of his free movement.

This situation was getting more and more complex for Rudeus. It wouldn't have much mattered to Rudeus if he was fighting Magneto in a deserted land but fighting the new upgraded Magneto in a place where there were civilian lives nearby was annoying.

If he didn't stop him soon enough, all the mutants in the country could die here. But the unfortunate thing was that Rudeus didn't possess a huge portfolio of abilities that would be able to stop the effects of Magneto's powers.

He really lacked versatility in his powers.

But just as Rudeus was lamenting the lack of magic and a more wide set of powers in his perk list, suddenly he felt magneto's power on the surrounding atmosphere weaken. Even the earthquake seemed to become slightly less all of a sudden,

Rudeus could sense Ororo and Jean trying to use their powers to limit Magneto's influence on the surrounding environment. It was working but just barely. They were trying to help Rudeus from wherever they were on the island and Rudeus was really glad for it.

Cassandra sensed it as well. She began to use all her strength to gather electromagnetic radiation energy in her hands and then fired it towards Rudeus to end him directly.

But the young god was ready too. He used his own cosmic energy and fired it toward Magneto in a beam as well.

As the two beams of energy collided, they didn't neutralize each other but began to accumulate at the point they met, becoming a ball of raw destructive, and unstable energy.