Chapter 104: Attack of the Dark Phoenix

---

"Forgetting is like a wound. The wound may heal, but it has already left a scar."

– Monkey D. Luffy, [One Piece]

---

<(Ororo pov)>

I wanted to buy some time for my friends. No, I needed to buy enough time either for the others to figure out a way to defeat the dark phoenix-possessed Jean or in the hopes that Rudeus would be able to come in time to help us all.

Deciding my course of action, I flew up to confront the phoenix avatar.

"Jean, why are you doing this? Don't you understand that we are your friends, your family? Why do you want to hurt us when all we want is to try and help you?" I tried to desperately connect to her humanity.

"Ah, Ororo, my dear 'friend'. What? No words of congratulations that I am still alive. You all are truly selfish, aren't you? I just came back and all you guys could think was how to protect yourself from me, how to convince me to leave again. But guess what, I ain't leaving this time, at least not without doing what I came here to do." Jean said slowly, each of her words laced with venomous anger.

"So, you are not here to cause destruction? You are not here to fight?" I stupidly ask with slight hope in my voice.

"Oh no, my dear friend, I am here to cause destruction. I am here to kill the man who took me away from my parents, the fraud who tried to bend my mind according to his wishes, and to destroy this cursed prison of constant brainwashing that he calls a school. I am here to end it all and then build my own perfect heaven on the ashes of this rotten and corrupted world, for me and... my beloved." Jean said while displaying a sickening amount of obsession at the last word in her sentence.

"You are not going to succeed Jean. I won't let you. I'll stop you, no matter what." I said as thunderclouds began to gather in the sky around us under the influence of my powers.

"Oh really? You and what army?" Jean said as her eyes darkened as black veins began to become apparent on her beautiful smooth skin.

"My own army," I said as I sensed many of the X-men began to gather behind me in their combat gear to show their support for me.

"I see. So taking my boyfriend was not the end for you was it? You had to take away my friends as well. It's alright I guess. Today I will purge them all and make myself free from all these backstabbing bastards that you call friends." Jean said as she gave an evil-looking smile.

I did not wait anymore and rained down multiple streams of lightning on the redhead. I did not want to hurt her but I needed to protect the school and its students. Rudeus trusted me to protect this school as part of his legacy and I swear I won't disappoint him.

However contrasting to my expectation, not even a single hair on Jean's head seemed burnt. Some sort of spherical hazy forcefield was protecting her from all sides from my attack.

"I picked up a few tricks. However, you, the powers of atmokinesis and all you can do is shoot lightning. How do you even call yourself a metahuman teacher my dear Ororo?" She said with a single gesture of hers, chunks of earth and rocks began to float up from the ground and sped towards me like missiles.

I immediately used my powers and manipulated the wind I was riding on to quickly move me out of the trajectory of the rocks.

Piotr, aka, Colossus took this opportunity and... threw Logan towards Jean to attack her but she stopped Wolverine mid-way with her telekinesis and threw him away miles away.

Multiple rocks and pieces of earth and broken wood began to float around Jean, ready to stop and attack anyone from coming too close to her. Jean was weak in the physical department and she knew it. That's why, she was focusing on her defense while using her immense raw telekinetic power to attack us.