Chapter 127: The New Miss Sinister

{A big shout-out to my new pátron 'FreddyFazz4' for joining the Divine Eminence tier on my Pátreon. Thanks for the support. ≧◠ᴥ◠≦✊}

---

"If you can't do something, then don't. Focus on what you can."

– Shiroe, (Log Horizon)

---

While looking inside the freshly cloned Mr. Sinister's mind, Rudeus felt like he would have gotten sick if he were to see all of his memories from his last life.

Saying that Sinister's mind was sinister would be really playing it down. His filthy mind was filled with knowledge gained by committing the most heinous crimes in the name of science. From illegal human experimentation and baseless torture to slavery and blackmail, he had done it all. And he was even quite proud of it. In his mind, everything he had ever done was for the good of the entire human race and its advancement. In his thoughts, he wasn't a bad person but just a scientist thirsting for knowledge.

But Rudeus of course wasn't interested in all these useless beliefs. What he was interested in was purely Sinister's knowledge and the specific identity of a person whom the mad scientist had selected to be the next Sinister.

And soon after a couple of minutes of intense searching deep in his memories, he finally found it. He found the identity of the person who was set to become the next Mr. Sinister, or in gender-correct terms Miss. Sinister.

The person was an unknown woman called Claudine Renko. She was previously a test subject of Sinister, a mutant girl with the power to control every molecule in her body. Her ability was the very reason Mr. Sinister chose her to be his host and heir after his death.

"Interesting. So you were telling the truth. Something like that virus does exist. You basically designed the kama technique from Boruto without even having chakra. I guess I have to admit that you really are the best when it comes to genetic engineering." Rudeus muttered to himself knowing that the semi-brain-dead Sinister wasn't able to hear him.

Now that he had received all the information he wanted, he didn't continue to interact with Mr. Sinister anymore and just activated his Nirvana flame, completely burning the clone with his blue flames until not even ashes were left. All the while, the unconscious Mr. Sinister didn't even get the chance to resist.

"You killed him? But won't this result in someone else getting turned into Sinister now, someone who we won't be able to locate that easily this time?" Jean asked not sure of what Rudeus was thinking.

"Yeah, you are mostly right except for the fact that I do know who and where that person is now that I have read the clones' memories. Mr. Sinister had inserted the dormant 'Sinister' virus into a certain girl named Claudine Renko and had released her after embedding a small specific frequency signal generator in her favorite pendant.

The pendant in the event of the death of all of Sinister's clones would start generating an inaudible signal of a specific frequency that would activate the dormant 'Sinister' virus in her body and gradually start turning her into a replica of Mr. Sinister. But now we can easily just go there and either stop the process or do something even better with it." Rudeus explained and smiled mysteriously.

Although Sinister was a really intelligent scientist, he didn't seem to have a lot of street smarts. For all his amazing knowledge, he sucked at making intricate plans. He hadn't considered a lot of holes in his plans like what if someone like Rudeus copied all of his information from one of his clones' minds or what if the girl he had selected lost the pendant somehow before it could get activated.