Chapter 71: A Hidden base and Sad news

After freeing Morgan, Rudeus and the others returned back to their own home dimension, Earth after they got a free tour of Castle Le Fay from Morgan that is. He was worried they would be attacked by knights and mages of Avalon when they found out that Morgan was free now and they were the ones who freed her. But that never happened.

Morgan just said that she was hiding herself and her castle from the senses of the mediocre sorcerers present in Avalon currently. There was no high-level sorcerer supreme like Merlyn present in Avalon any longer who would be able to sense that she had broken out of her prison.

For some reason, even the White Witch, the only sorcerer whom Morgan considered a genuine threat to her and her future reign didn't show up.

Rudeus was quite happy at that. He had a rough idea about the identity of this White Witch from the comics. Her name was supposed to be Saturnyne or something. Although she was not in a lot of comic issues, it still didn't change the fact that she was one of the most powerful sorcerers ever, even stronger than Ancient One herself. She was also in charge of Starlight Citadel, the Omniversal headquarters of Marvel similar to DC's Rock of Eternity.

Rudeus was sure that even him right now would be defeated by her, faster than he could say 'Magical girl Emma Frost'

That's one of the reasons he decided to leave for Earth and get out of the Otherworld for some time till things cool down and he is absolutely sure that she would not try to correct the 'anomaly' that he was.

But Morgan wanted to stay here and make her preparations to get back some of the strength she had lost over the centuries being prisoned as well as make plans to get back her kingdom and decide how to best start training Rudeus in the mystic arts.

So Rudeus decided to come back a month later as he left the Otherworld for now. Coming for him would be much easier since his mother box had already recorded the Otherworld's dimensional coordinates as well as the entire map of Avalon in her memory. So he could just open a boom tube to this place any time he wants.

He even gave Morgan his mansion's address on Earth so that she could call him or visit him whenever she was done with her 'preparations' and ready to start teaching him.

As Rudues returned to his main base, he told Zoya to take Lilith to Selene and integrate her into their organization. He even hoped that the two would get along since both of them were vampires in a way, Lilith being a real vampire feeding on blood while Selene was a psychic vampire feeding on psionic energy.

Anyways, he was really happy that his little trip was actually fruitful and didn't end up in a failure.

Rudeus decided to do something productive after coming back from Otherworld and so he portrayed his new 'collection' base where everything that he had collected by 'borrowing' things from people was kept.

Right now, the entire building was decorated with the treasures that he had 'borrowed' from Dracula. He had gotten so many artifacts and gold here that he even thought that Dracula was one of the richest people alive. The dude had collected too much art in his royal life. Rudeus could understand why the dude called himself a Count.

But these were not Rudeus' main trophies. His main treasure was in the underground laboratory beneath this place. As he went to visit that very laboratory he saw scientists running various experiments on dead bodies, making complex machines, and trying to advance their individual research.

There were disassembled bodies of sentinels, tech that appeared alien, and even weird weapons being developed. In a different sealed room, there was even a surgery going on on Apocalypse's shriveled-up dead body as the researchers were trying to understand how the metahuman external body even worked.