Chapter 17: The Aftermath

As Magneto & the other mutants of the brotherhood left, he noticed that they didn't take away Angel & Psylocke who were both unconscious at that time for some reason.

This gave Rudeus a chance to potentially recruit a strong telepath/ninja in his team, a chance which he was fully going to take advantage of.

He saw that the remaining mutants there, who were the X-men & of course some of his own subordinates of which no one died by some miracle were all staring at him now.

His own subordinates were waiting for his next orders while the X-men were trying to observe his actions to determine whether he was a friend or foe. They still didn't trust him, for which he actually didn't blame them.

But for now he didn't care about them, right now he had a ancient immortal mutant to kill & rare treasures to loot.

He laid the limp body of Apocalypse on the ground & called Selene to himself.

"Selene, can you kill him? Since he is an external, even if I kill him, he will somehow come back. You are the only one who can truly kill him as you are an external yourself" Rudeus told Selene the problem.

By now Rudeus completely trusted her. She had shown her determination towards serving him in the last two years. She & Vanessa were the only two people he actually trusted in this new world for now.

"Of course, master. My life draining powers should be enough to completely kill him. I'll make sure that he dies a painful death for opposing you" Selene happily responds.

Vanessa on the other hand had an expression of jealousy on her face. She always maintains a serious expression on her face but that expression breaks whenever she sees Rudeus ordering Selene to do something instead of her.

'I'll have to discipline her later when we get home. Nothing a little bondage play won't solve' Rudeus wisely commented to himself.

Selene on the other hand had approached the unconscious Apocalypse & began to absorb his remaining life force into herself which was still quite a lot.

Rudeus looked at the X-men from the corner of his eyes. He thought that they would stop him but they never did. Seems like Xavier's hypocrisy about letting enemies live only extended to his magnetic lover.

'Maybe he has already read the memories of the X-men & my other subordinates.' He thought since he knew that both Selene & Vanessa were protected against telepathy due to Selene's own telepathic powers & the training that she gave Vanessa to resist the same.

After all, Rudeus knew from both the comics & movies that Xavier didn't exactly have any boundaries when it came to snooping into other people's minds.

It was probably the Professor who had stopped the X-men from doing anything & just wanted to observe for now.

Rudeus didn't exactly have a good impression of Xavier. He was more or less the do-gooder crazy Dumbledoor of Marvel. Some fanfictions he had read in his past life even showed him as a hidden manipulating mind controlling villain.

But he would wait & see for himself, what type of a person the professor truly was.

He again concentrated on Selene who by now had absorbed almost all of Apocalypse's vitality. The once muscular tyrant looked like a sucked up zombie right now. He was hanging to his life only by a bare thread.

"He doesn't have any actual life force any more. The only reason he is alive is due to the armor & his external immortality. I'll end his miserable life now, master." Selene said with a somewhat proud smile.