Chapter 43: A Blast and a Speech

Rudeus was extremely surprised after hearing the machine voice coming from Nimrod. He was initially having really fun bashing the sentinel into scraps but the new protocol that it activated was a little troublesome for him.

It was not because he would be hurt by it or something. No, he knew that he was strong and durable enough to not be seriously hurt by a mere bomb but the problem was that the self-destruction protocol would completely destroy the sentinel itself.

Rudeus didn't want that. He wanted the designs of the sentinel for himself. He needed Zoya to scan it and completely copy its technology but that would not be possible if the entire sentinel was itself destroyed.

So he did the only thing he could do in such a case. He called Zoya. As the mother box quickly came floating to him, she didn't even wait for his orders.

She was smart enough to know what to do in times like these, she was probably even smarter than other mother boxes.

She made some wire-like tentacles from her cube body and extended them toward the half-destroyed remains of Nimrod.

She didn't need its entire body to take control of it or copy its design. What she needed was access to its main core and its primary cpu. She did her best to quickly take down all the firewalls and other protective countermeasures it had against external influence and to hack it as soon as possible.

The timer for the self-destruction however continued counting down.

"Self-destruction in T-4 seconds."

"T-3 seconds."

"T-2 seconds."

"T-1 second."

"T-..." The countdown ultimately stopped just before it could reach the zero second.

Zoya had succeeded in taking control of Nimrod at the last second. Truthfully Rudeus had even expected something like this. The cliche of stopping an explosion at the last second was very common and he had expected this to happen to him as well.

'Is it possible that I am a protagonist in some story or something? I am definitely feeling protagonistic vibes from myself." He joked to no one.

"I have now taken complete control of the sentinel called Nimrod, my lord. But even though I now have full control over it, my advice would still be to dispose of its nuclear core as it has become extremely unstable due to your repeated hits on it." Zoya dutifully advised Rudeus.

"Wait, by nuclear core you don't mean that the explosion that could have happened from it could have been comparable to a nuclear explosion, right?" Rudeus asked as he almost had sweat on his forehead.

An atomic explosion could wipe out the entire city and everything in it. Everyone here irrespective of if they are mutants or sentinels or even humans would have completely turned into dust.

He even doubted if he himself would remain unscathed if there was such an explosion. After all, even Superman from DC or the alien mothership from Independence Day, or even the Chaitauri army from Avengers were all critically hurt or completely destroyed when hit by nuclear missiles.

He gulped at this information from Zoya but didn't say anything else. He needed to always maintain his godly appearance and personality no matter what.

As for the unstable nuclear core that Zoya brought to Rudeus after taking it from Nimrod's 'cold dead body', it was stored in Rudeus' inventory.

As time is completely frozen in his inventory, the nuclear core would just remain in that condition until he decides to take it out again later.

"By the way, you copied its design right?" Rudeus asked Zoya.