Chapter 124: Clone Wars (2)

---

"Be loyal to what matters."

– Arthur Morgan

---

<(Lorna Dane, aka, Polaris and Ororo Munroe, aka, Storm teamup)>

"You know when Rudeus said that we were gonna be fighting clones, I thought it was gonna be some mindless retarded experimental subjects looking like us and possessing our powers. But these two are smart, almost as smart as us. They think and even act like us. How exactly can we defeat them? No matter what attack we use, they can always counter it." Polaris said with annoyance visible on her face.

"Yeah, I cannot deny that I am facing the same problem. These clones not only seem to have our powers but even seem to know our moves as well. No matter what we try, they already know it." Ororo said as she directed multiple bolts of lighting from some nearby electric terminals to strike her clone which it easily deflected.

"Yeah... By the way Ororo, can I ask you something?" Polaris said with some hesitation as she shaped the metal sheets around her into blades and spears and shot them at full power at her fake self.

"Sure, go ahead," Ororo said, not stopping raining down lightning on her enemy which her clone was blocking without much effort by simply redirecting the lightning, like Yoda.

"There are some rumors about Atem, you, and Jean in the academy. Some students say that Atem is a believer in polygamy and is in a relationship with you and Jean. Is it true?" Lorna asked somehow swallowing back her hesitation.

"... Maybe, but that's my personal life. I can't discuss that with you especially since I am still your teacher. But, I have to ask, where did you learn about this and what do the students say about these rumors?" Ororo said with some coldness mixed in her otherwise normal voice. Her rate of throwing lightning at her clone increased with her words.

"Nothing really. The boys mostly accept him as their idol because they regard him as the Chad god. The girls however get curious sometimes about how different he might be than the other boys in terms of... bedroom skills since he is a god and all." Lorna said as she dodged a metal whip that tried to slash her in two.

"I see. But this is neither the time nor the place to discuss that. Let's concentrate on beating our clones first." Ororo decided to skillfully close the discussion on the topic. She wasn't comfortable mentioning to her student how she acts like a thirsty slut and gets railed by Rudeus every time they sleep together.

"Uhh, yeah sure," Polaris said as she too sensed that the discussion might become awkward if it continued like this, so she gladly agreed to stop talking on the subject and concentrated on beating her clone.

"They do have our powers and even know our moves but do you think that they have practiced with it as much as us?" Polaris suddenly asked as she smiled at Ororo.

"That's an excellent question indeed." Ororo returned her smile as she stopped throwing lightning at her clone and instead began to focus on a new technique she had been developing for the last few weeks. Instead of concentrating on her raw power, she instead focused on the aspect of its control.

Her clone as soon as she noticed Ororo stopping her attacks, started to try pushing her back with her own lightning attacks. But the original Ororo didn't react much, using only the bare minimum effort to deflect the lightning.

Soon her eyes turned white as she looked at the clone with a small smirk on her face.

"Let's see if you truly are as good as me." The original Ororo declared as with just a gesture of her hands, all the air inside the place seemed to flow in a particular direction under her will.