Chapter 126: A Sinister Idea

---

"How easy it was to lie to strangers, to create with strangers the versions of our lives we imagined."

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Americanah

---

"That's not possible. Why? How did this happen? All my calculations cannot be wrong. I can't be wrong. This shouldn't have happened. I should have won. It should have been my greatest creation ever." Sinister lost his mind seeing his prized clone failing and began to mumble incomprehensively like a maniac.

"Really, you didn't understand where you went wrong? And here I thought that you were a genius. The golden explosion practically gave away the reason for its failure." Rudeus sniggered at the distraught figure of Sinister.

"What? Wait, you mean that this is because I connected it with cosmic energy? But that doesn't make any sense. You too receive your power from cosmic energies but you don't explode under the stress. Then why Suedur? Why was he not powerful enough to effectively channel massive amounts of cosmic energy like you?" Sinister asked desperately like he was requesting drugs.

"First I don't get my power from cosmic energy. I get it from my divinity. Cosmic energy is useless to me. And you can never clone or copy divinity. You might be able to copy the abilities that come with it in some cases but never true divinity. Besides, you would have never succeeded in successfully cloning me in the first place, a god isn't just his body and mind but his soul as well. A god without a divine soul isn't a god at all." Rudeus confidently stated. Not just his divinity and soul, he was also sure that his skills which were all linked to his system could not have been cloned as well.

"I see. That's why its physical body wasn't able to bear the power after absorbing too much cosmic energy. Under the stress of the power, the body rapidly deteriorated and ultimately exploded." The crazy scientist had a look of realization on his face.

"But what about my clone? She isn't moving even though she looks like she is physically completely fine. Is she even alive?" Jean asked Rudeus with indifference in her voice. It didn't matter to her if her clone lived or died. She wanted to destroy it of course since she didn't like a clone of her walking around looking exactly like her. After all, what if she fell in love with somebody, wouldn't it mean that she would be using her body to get intimate with someone else who isn't Rudeus?

"Probably, I can feel her body working normally but she seems to not possess a soul and also thus lack a strong enough mind to contain the huge psychic energy inside her and 'be alive'. Her problem is the opposite of that of my clone." Rudeus said as he used his Rinnegan on the clone.

"Another failure I see. It seems that I am getting old as I am having too many of those in a single day. But I'll make sure to get it right the next time." The man said with a smile on his face.

"Next time? I think you are mistaken. There will be no next time Sinister. You'll never be making clones ever again." Rudeus frowned at him.

"And who's gonna stop me? No, I'll do you one better, how are you gonna stop me? By killing me?" Sinister said while chuckling like he was telling a funny joke.

"If I have to," Rudeus said coldly.

"I think you don't get it. I am not like the other brutes you know or have fought until now. I may not be your match physically but I don't depend on my powers and abilities to win. No, I depend on my intelligence and my mind can never be destroyed. I have already made sure of that." He said as he looked at Rudeus with a crazy smile.

Rudeus was out of patience and no longer waited for his monologue to end. He disappeared with a speed that was untraceable with human eyes and quickly tried to get his hands on Sinister to just snap his neck and get this over with.