Chapter 9: Hungover

I hadn't opened my eyes yet but oh boy, I could tell my head was pounding already. I stirred a little, stretching my legs out before realising I was kicking something. That something was alive and moving because it retracted quickly when I bumped against it.

"The fuck...?" I muttered to myself, struggling to open my eyes.

"It's alright. You're with me."

Sebastian.

I was sleeping next to Sebastian. Again. Good lord, what would my mother think?

When my eyes managed to open despite the protests by my brain to not let any light in, I realised that this time I was the one with the stray arm. Sebastian was on his back staring at the top of the four poster bed and I was facing him, my arm draped across his chest. He still wore his shirt, though it had a few top buttons loose and it was now all crinkled and creased.

I was also still fully dressed. So it was safe to assume that nothing had happened, though I don't even remember how I got here.

"It's alright. Nothing happened." He assured me before I could even ask the question, knowing I was awake and likely confused.

"Oh. Good. Sorry," I muttered, dragging myself off him and sliding over as much as I could without falling off the single bed, "So what actually happened? How did I get here? Everything's a blur."

"You drank too many butterbeers and I had to almost carry you back from Hogsmeade. Then when I got back here I realised I couldn't take you to your room and you weren't in a state to take yourself. So I just brought you here so I could keep an eye on you. Make sure you were alright." He explained gently.

"Right. Thank you for looking after me. I didn't even know Butterbeer had that much alcohol in it." I said, my hand clutching at my pounding temples.

"It doesn't. I guess you're just a light weight." He laughed a little.

He swung his legs over the bed and climbed out, giving me more space.

"I'm going to shower and get ready for the day, we have classes soon and you should probably try get some breakfast into you, make yourself feel better. Feel free to hang around here until you're ready to get moving and I'll take you down to the Great Hall." He said, offering me a small smile before grabbing his towel from his trunk and heading out.

I sat up slightly and peered around the room. It was empty. It was nearly identical to my own except for the small shaving station in the corner and the piles upon piles of books stacked around the area Sebastian had clearly assigned for himself which was beginning to encroach on the space next to his. Ominis' I assumed.

I laid back down and enjoyed the softness of the pillow below my head. Surely two minutes to rest a little longer before having to drag myself out of here won't be too bad.

Except it wasn't two minutes.

I jolted awake when the door swung open heavily and I sat up fast to realise Sebastian was back.

And his body was wet.

And his hair was wet.

And he only had a towel around his waist.

Fuck.

Shit.

Look away. You're staring.

"Oh, you're still here. I thought you'd be gone by now."

"Uh, fuck, sorry. I'm just leaving now." I struggled to get my words out as the chiseled Adonis in front of me also didn't know what to do.

I jumped up quickly and located my shoes he'd so delicately left neatly next to the bed and tucked them under my arms. My wand was placed thoughtfully on the bed side table and I scooped it up and avoided all eye contact with him as I ran out the door and back to my own dorm.