Chapter 21: Confessions

I lied to Sebastian. I wasn't going back to the party. Not like this, with his mark left inside of me, dripping down my legs as I walked. I practically ran to the dormitory with my skirt tucked between my legs to stop myself from making a mess on the floor.

I felt sick to my stomach thinking of Garreth and what I'd just done. He was really sweet and I'd let him kiss me in front of everyone today and then I just went and betrayed him because no matter how much I hate Sebastian, my body craves him. Desperately.

My shower to wash away my sins when I got back was useless. I felt as dirty as I did when I got in.

"What's up your arse?" Imelda noticed my clearly disturbed facial expressions when I got back to the dorm.

"Imelda? You're back early."

"Yeah, parties are boring. Especially after a loss. But hey, want to hear something that will cheer you up?" She beamed as she cantered over to my bed.

"I suppose you're just going to tell me anyway."

"How right you are, Olive. On my way back, I heard two people going at it in one of the classrooms. We tried to sneak a look to see who it was, but they were smart enough to lock it.

Oh. Fuck. Shit.

"Wh-which um, classroom?" I asked, trying to clear my throat but not sound suspicious. Maybe it was some other lucky couple.

"The Arithmancy classroom. I suppose that's one way to make Arithmancy interesting."

"Hah. Yeah." I tried my best to sound excited, but I was thankful it was dark because I had no doubt my cheeks were bright red now.

But I wasn't even sure if it was the Arithmancy classroom he'd dragged me to. To be honest, I never paid much attention. A group of people could have been sat in the corner watching for all I knew.

Though it was confirmed to me a few days later when I actually had Arithmancy, one of the three classes that unfortunately overlapped with Sebastian as he dragged me away from my regular spot by my sleeve and sat me down next to him.

"What are you doing?" I asked with a huff.

"I just wanted to make you sit right here with me all class. Knowing this is the desk I fucked you good on the other night." He smirked.

"Shut up!" I whispered loudly, digging my elbow into his ribs. He laughed and pulled away, still keeping his grip on my robe sleeve.

I squirmed in my seat as he moved his hand to be firmly on my thigh under the table to stop me from moving away, knowing I wouldn't protest too loudly and draw attention to it. Once class had begun, he released the grip on my leg, no doubt leaving fingers marks on my skin. I couldn't go anywhere now.

I struggled to focus during class. One, because it was mathematics which is utterly boring and two, because of Sebastian sat next to me, not giving me much space as our elbows touched together while we wrote notes.

"Why are you doing this?" I whispered, tapping my quill on my lip to not make it obvious I was speaking during class.

"It's fun watching you squirm. Besides, you won't talk to me on your own accord anymore but you never say no when I force you to do it."

I rolled my eyes, but the bastard was right. I didn't want to talk to him, but when he gave me no choice, I always obliged.

"If I talk to you, will you stop all of this?"

"Stop what?"

"The flirting."

"Olive, it's like you don't know me at all!" He said, clutching a hand at his chest like I had wounded him.