Chapter 67: Excitement

Was it cruel of me to ask Sebastian to keep our pregnancy a secret when he worked directly with Lawson every single day? Yes.

Did it make me want to change my mind and tell them all? No.

I don't know why but I didn't want to tell anybody. Hell, I wouldn't have told Sebastian if he wasn't the father and there for the confirmation of it.

It just felt... weird.

Sebastian's morning questioning also now had substance. I was 8 weeks now and I was feeling nauseous every morning. And into the day. And into the night.

Morning sickness my ass.

I'd called out of work so many times when I couldn't drag myself away from bed, I was beginning to worry they'd fire me.

"Love, can we at least tell Walters? I'm sure she'd understand..." Sebastian almost begged one morning as I came to the conclusion I was not making it to work again.

I groaned, "No. I'll tell her when I'm ready."

Sebastian clenched his jaw and I could tell he was trying so hard not to get frustrated with my stubbornness. Unfortunately, a trait we both shared and I suddenly realised our poor child was doomed.

"Well at least let me take you back to the Healer. They might have something for you. I can't bear seeing you like this." He suggested.

I agreed, if only to get him off my back.

"Now."

Sebastian's demanding side was both a blessing and a curse. Right now, it was a curse. I wanted nothing more than to just stay in bed and feel sorry for myself and tell myself not to regret letting him get me pregnant.

"Why?" I groaned, burying my head deeper into the pillow.

"Because I can't stand to see you like this for another minute. Let's go."

He dragged me out of the bed and into the bathroom, splashing cool water on my face to make me feel well enough to actually leave the house and slipped a loose fitting dress on me, forgetting half my socially required undergarments.

"I know you want to keep it a secret but I'm not suffocating my baby in that damned corset." He said when I tried to put up a fight.

With a heavy sigh and a few little prayers I wouldn't vomit on the way, he had me heading out to the hospital and we were called up by the same Healer we had seen before.

"Ah, Olive Sallow. How are you going?"

I sank into the chair, feeling the fatigue of the constant nausea and morning sickness wash over me again.

"I've definitely been better," I replied weakly, casting a sideways glance at Sebastian, who had sat next to me with a supportive hand on my thigh.

"Well, morning sickness can be quite challenging for some mothers-to-be." The Healer said, scratching something down on my notes.

"Yeah. Morning sickness..." I mumbled.

"Sorry?" She said, her head lifting with a curious look on her face.

I cleared my throat and forced a weak smile. "I was just agreeing with you. It's been quite a challenge."

Sebastian, ever attentive, chimed in, "No, she's been sick all day and all night, not just in the mornings. Is that normal?"

The Healer nodded, her expression sympathetic. "Yes, it can vary from person to person. 'Morning sickness' is a bit of a misnomer. Some women experience it throughout the day. However, if it's becoming too severe, we can explore some options to help you manage the nausea better."