Chapter 14: Detention*

warning: moderately spicy content

"Good morning, gorgeous!"

I tried not to visibly cringe as Garreth greeted me outside the common room as we usually did for our walks.

"Oh, did you not sleep well?"

"No, not really Garreth, but it's alright. I'm certain a walk will help me wake up a little."

We made our way out of the castle and took our normal route up to Aranshire, but I decided I would take him to a slightly different vantage point. I didn't want to taint the one we shared before by dumping him on it, in case he still wanted to use it.

"Hm, interesting choice. But I suppose you still get a good view here." Garreth commented about my choice to drag him to another spot.

"Yeah..." I inhaled deeply and prepared myself to break the news to him.

"I wanted to-"

"Can we-"

Shit.

"No please, you go first." I said, holding my breath.

"I was going to say I wanted to ask if you'd like to accompany me to The Three Broomsticks this weekend. I've asked Sirona to reserve a spot upstairs."

"Oh... y-yes, of course."

"Great! How about Saturday night? I'll swing past the dungeons and pick you up."

You fucking idiot, Olive!

I tried to find another moment to try and approach the subject that maybe this whole thing wasn't working but that only seemed to be from my side. As far as Garreth knew, everything was going great. It wasn't his fault I'd had this stupid little crush on Sebastian since our fifth year and I was finally getting to act on it.

So I chickened out completely and decided I would try and tell him another day, preferably before Saturday.

He walked me back to the Slytherin common room to get ready for the day and I wasn't surprised when he leaned in to kiss me again. This one was more delicate and I suppose slightly more romantic that the last time he kissed me outside my common room.

I hated myself for letting him do it knowing how I truly felt about it. I felt like I was leading him on... which I absolutely was.

"Mmm goodbye Garreth." I said, pulling my arms between us and prying us apart.

"I'll see you later, Olive. Thanks for the walk!"

I watched him walk away with a cheery pep in his step and I felt my heart fall into the pits of my stomach. I was going to absolutely break this guys heart.

"Well, he took that well."

I turned around quickly to see Sebastian had appeared from somewhere and was looking at me with him arms folded across his chest, staring at me less than impressed.

"I'm sorry! I tried to do it but he makes it so difficult! Also, are you stalking me?"

"No, I'm not stalking you. I'd been down to breakfast early and was on my way back when I spotted you snogging the guy you were supposed to be ending things with."

I felt myself get a little mad at Sebastian. It seemed he was trying to stake a claim on me and wanted me to himself though he hadn't actually committed to anything with me. I suddenly felt like an object.

"What's wrong? You don't like sharing?" I challenged him, my own arms finding their way across my chest and I threw him a devilish grin.

"Not when it comes to you." He said quite seriously.