Chapter 22: The Boat House

"Put it in a braid!"

"No, curl it! I know a curling charm!"

"Just leave it how it is!"

Fellow Slytherins I didn't even know, including a few first years, were watching me stress the fuck out in the bathroom over my imminent date. I was exhausted from my very minimal sleep the night before and borrowed someone's blush to try and regain some colour in my cheeks.

I ended up selecting to leave my hair as it was, but all loose so my natural waves cascaded down my back.

I took a deep breath, knowing I was looking about as good as I was going to and left the bathroom, the gaggle of giggling younger girls following behind me.

It was no secret that Sebastian Sallow was a very attractive man. Besides the confidence he exuded that seemed to have girls wrapped around his little finger, he had soft, delicate features and a dashing smile. His freckles that adorned his face also extended down to his shoulders and chest before tapering off, though I was one of the only people who knew that. So when they realised it was Sebastian I was approaching in the common room, they all screamed and jumped in delight.

I had hoped that no one would find out I was going on a date with Sebastian. I did not want Garreth to find out at all. So hopefully these young girls were naive enough to not remember I had been with Garreth not too many days ago.

I descended the stairs from the girls dormitory wing and found Sebastian already waiting for me. Fuck, he looked good. He had beige slacks on with brown boots and a loosely buttoned dark navy shirt and tie. I hated that the man didn't have to even try and he always looked incredible. Me on the other hand just spent the last hour debating how to style my hair.

"Good afternoon, Olive. You look beautiful."

Charmer...

"Thank you, Sebastian, you don't look too bad yourself."

"I know."

I playfully slapped him on the arm and let him lead the way out of the dungeons.

"So where are we going anyway?" I asked.

"Well I know that you're still... keeping your options open, so I'm not taking you to Hogsmeade. I'm going to take you somewhere secluded, away from prying eyes."

Hm. Sounded like ulterior motives to me...

"I see." I furrowed my brows, though I didn't want to ask about it anymore.

He led me away from the castle and down the spiraling stairs towards the boat house. He slid his hand delicately down my arm and let his warm hands envelop mine. My heart skipped a few beats as he let his fingers lace between mine and gave my hand a gentle squeeze. I didn't want to let on that I was enjoying this, but the wide smile forming across my face betrayed me.

He eventually stopped just outside the boathouse and let go of my hand.

"A date to the boat house? Doesn't exactly scream romance..." I scoffed.

"Give me a moment, will you?" He laughed.

Sebastian pushed open the door and disappeared inside without a word. I was unsure if I was supposed to follow him or wait. So I crept in behind him and watched him as he had knelt down and was untying a rope.

"What are you doing?" I said, trying not to stare at the shape of his arse that was now sticking upright into the air.

"Well, I had planned for this to be a little more romantic. But I've got the boat." He groaned as he finally freed the boat of the rope around a pole.