Chapter 26: Christmas

"Oh for Merlin's sake will you two get a bloody room?" Ominis groaned, exasperated at the sounds Sebastian was making as he wrapped an arm around me and peppered my face with kisses at the breakfast table.

"I have a room that I have the unfortunate luck of sharing with you, Ominis, and apparently you don't like it when I take her there either!" Sebastian bit back.

It had been a few months since Sebastian had asked me to be his girlfriend despite his initial reservations and everything was finally going well for all of us.

Anne's condition seemed to be plateauing, not getting better nor worse which kept everyone's spirits high, including Anne's despite the fact she was still confined to the hospital.

While Ominis couldn't officially court her, his trips to St Mungos every second day with a bundle of flowers and a bunch of treats from Honeydukes had made his intentions with Anne quite clear.

Sebastian had even come to terms with the fact his best friend and sister were in love. Though some might say his contentment in his own relationship had something to do with the sudden change of mind.

His friendship with Ominis seemed to grow stronger and while I didn't know what they were like before Anne's cursing, I felt they were finally returning to a sense of normalcy in their relationship.

And Sebastian and I... well, where to start?

I wished I had been sorted into another house sometimes just for a reprieve. He was insatiable. All I had to do was give Sebastian an inch and he would run a mile. When I jokingly thought about fucking him in every inch of the castle, I didn't truly mean it. But as if he were a skilled legilimens, he must have read my thoughts that day.

Every bump of the elbow, every quill shared, every time I looked at him a certain way, every time I selected strawberries to eat with my lunch, I was being dragged into a broom closet or an empty classroom or his bedroom. Though I would never, ever complain. The sex was good. Too good.

He was also incredibly possessive. Over the top possessive. Everyone in the school knew I was Sebastian's and while it was endearing, having to sneak my sunrise walks in with Garreth to save an argument was not fun. I also didn't enjoy having to hide the brandings he was placing on my neck and chest so often despite my protests.

In the only class we shared with Ominis, Defence Against The Dark Arts, Sebastian told us he'd be visiting Anne again in the afternoon. And that my presence was requested.

For a fleeting moment, I thought I was going to be in trouble. I had been pretty slack when it came to visiting Anne, I always felt like I was intruding on Ominis and Sebastian's time with her. So I'd only seen her once or twice since my own discharge from St Mungo's.

"Olive, I'm sure it's fine, she probably just wants to see you... or chastise you for dating her brother which she absolutely cannot do considering the shit she put me through with Ominis." Sebastian said as we left classes for the day, making our way to the floo point to get to London quickly.

"I am right here!" Ominis piped up.

I snorted a laugh, though Sebastian was right when he said it probably was nothing. Maybe she missed me. Or she'd taken a turn for the worst...

Don't think about it...

I thought the Scottish Highlands were supposed to be freezing in winter, but London was even worse today.

"Wish I'd brought a warmer coat." Ominis said.

"Oh. Here, Olive. Take my robe." Sebastian said, unclasping it from his body and draping it over my shivering shoulders.