Chapter 79: Deja Vu

I didn't know where to go. I knew no one. And if who I thought was in that room was actually there, no where was safe.

Unless...

No. It's insanity.

But what choice do you have?

I was told it would always be there for me if I needed it to be. So I scooped up Eloise and took her for her first ever apparition.

I regretted it, because the poor girl got so, incredibly sick and I wondered what on earth it did for the baby in my stomach, but I didn't have time to dwell on it for long.

"Sorry, baby girl, I'm sorry." I muttered to Ellie, stroking her hair as I ran... well, tried to run.

The familiar sights struck me and I almost felt nauseous myself. But I had to find Professor Weasley.

She must have heard quickly of my arrival because she intercepted me in Central Hall before I could even think about going to her classroom.

"Olive! What are you doing here?" She said, taking in my obviously very different appearance from when she last saw me. Especially because I had a toddler on my hip.

"I'm sorry, Professor. I need help. It's... it's important. Can I talk to you in private?"

"Certainly." She said with a raised brow and I followed her all the way to her office.

"Please, sit. I'm afraid I don't have anything for little ones here." Professor Weasley said, gesturing at the chairs opposite her desk.

"Oh, don't worry about her, Professor. She'll be alright."

Professor Weasley gave me a concerned look but nodded. "Alright, Olive. What's going on? You look like a ghost has walked through you."

I took a deep breath, trying to collect my thoughts. "I don't know where to start, but I think Sebastian is in serious trouble. He told me to hide, I can't go home... I didn't know where else to go."

She leaned forward, her expression growing more serious. "Olive, you were always been a mostly reliable and responsible student. If you're in trouble, I'll do my best to help you. But I need to know what's going on."

I hesitated for a moment, my gaze falling to my swollen belly, worried they wouldn't ever get to meet their father. "Someone has been infiltrating the Ministry for months now and Sebastian was adamant there was something happening but no one was listening to him. When Leander Prewett didn't show up for work, he took matters into his own hands and I followed him, when we got to Leander's house... I'm certain Marvolo Gaunt was there... and a girl we went to Ilvermorny with, she's a Veela and... I don't know... it's like they're working together. Sebastian told me to leave, to stay safe and I don't know what he's going to do. I'm really scared."

Weasley glanced at Eloise, who was still looking a bit unsteady after the apparition. "First, let's ensure the safety of you and your daughter, Olive. You will stay here at Hogwarts. It's one of the safest places in the wizarding world, and I'll arrange for additional protection spells around your quarters."

"Thank you, Professor."

"And as luck has it, we actually have a spare living quarters. They've stopped offering Magical Theory as a class. So the room for that teacher is empty. You can both stay there."

"What? P....Professor Fig's class? It's not a class anymore?"

"Yes, Olive," Professor Weasley replied. "When he died, they struggled to find another teacher to replace him, so Headmaster Black decided to stop it. It's a comfortable space, and it should provide you and Eloise with the privacy and security you need."