Chapter 49: The Perfect Day*

Warning: marital activities ahead (sex, it's sex)

P.S. Strap yourself in, this is almost 7k words 🙃

Sebastian

"Does she know we're coming?" I asked Olive as we made our way to London.

"No. I don't think I want her to. She'd probably lock me out."

"Soooo, why are we paying her a visit then?" I asked.

"Because she's my mother and if I'm getting transferred to another country, I should at least say goodbye to her. No matter how awful she has been to me."

I nodded like I understood what she was saying... but I didn't agree with it.

The trip to Olive's home was slightly uncomfortable. We were told not to leave Hogwarts without an escort and only if it were absolutely necessary. We didn't have an escort and I would argue that this probably wasn't necessary, but when Olive wanted something, there was no changing her mind.

Sounds like someone else I know...

So we walked the streets on the outskirts of London with our hoods over our heads, holding onto each other closely for fear of any stray apparition from unwanted passer-by's.

I was glad Olive know where she was going because I was absolutely lost. I won't lie, I was shocked when she led me up the doorway to a rather charming and well presented town home. The way Olive spoke about her mother, I had assumed she'd lived in squalor. But this had a quaint little garden, well-manicured too and looked immaculate.

Olive's hand in mine tensed as she braced herself to knock on the door.

"You can do it, love." I whispered in her ear, squeezing her hand softly.

She nodded softly and dropped my hand before raising hers to knock. Her knock was gentle. I could tell she was terrified.

The door creaked open, revealing a woman with an air of elegance that contrasted sharply with Olive's nervous demeanor. She looked Olive up and down, her expression a mix of surprise and annoyance.

"Well, well, what a surprise," the woman said coolly. "I wasn't expecting you, Olive."

"I'm sorry this is so random. There's a few things we need to talk about." Olive explained.

The woman furrowed her brows and peered past Olive's shoulder at me before raising an eyebrow.

"Oh. Right. This is Sebastian Sallow. We attend Hogwarts together." Olive explained with a nervous shuffle of her feet.

Her mothers eyes narrowed at me and I could tell she was feeling uncomfortable. From my understanding, magic made her uneasy. So having both a witch and a wizard standing on her doorstep was probably quite confronting.

"Sebastian," she repeated, her tone still tinged with skepticism. "Hogwarts... I see. I'm Juliette." Her gaze remained fixed on me for a moment longer before she turned her attention back to Olive.

"Well, come in then. If you've gone through all this trouble to visit, I suppose we should have a conversation." She stepped back to allow us entry, and Olive led the way inside.

As we stepped inside, the home was presented beautifully. There were photos lining the walls of Olive and a man I could only presume was her father, wedding photos, baby photos, books in every room. If I was completely honest, it felt homely. The decor spoke of a life of refinement, a life that seemed at odds with the stories Olive had shared about her recent upbringing.

Olive's mother motioned for us to take a seat in the tastefully decorated living room. As we settled onto the plush chairs, there was an awkward silence that hung in the air.