Chapter 23: Second Date

"Hey," Sebastian said sitting down next to me and almost causing me to spill my tea on my newspaper as he sat down abruptly to get himself some breakfast.

"Jesus, Sebastian. You scared the shit out of me!" I said, clutching my heaving chest.

"Sorry. Thought you might like to know that Nellie has been let down as gently as possible." He said, taking a plate and serving himself food.

"You what?" I asked, a little shocked as I had firstly forgotten he'd actually kissed her and secondly hadn't asked him to do that.

"I've caught her giving me fuck-me eyes all week. So I ended it this morning when I passed her in the halls and she tried to ask me out."

I cringed a little, knowing what was going to be asked of me next.

"How did she take it?" I asked.

"Eh, better than I expected but not well. She may have punched me in the chest and screamed at me for leading her on."

"She punched you!?"

"She's not the first girl to do it. I recall you having had a similar reaction to me at some point. Anyway, I let her do it then apologised and left."

I took another bite of my toast praying he'd forget I was still technically with Garreth...

"I was hoping we could go out on Friday night if you like?" He finally asked me.

"Yes! Please! Here I was thinking you'd never ask me on a second date. I thought I'd done something wrong."

"I just needed some time to plan. But, I do have one request," he said, "I'm going to need you to end things with Weasley. For real this time."

Ah, there it was. I knew in my gut it was coming, but I was hoping it wouldn't.

"Sebastian..."

"I don't want to force you to do anything, Olive. But I'm putting a lot on the line and I'm seriously stepping out of my comfort zone here. The least you can do is show me your heart is in it... I don't want to be a second option."

I fully understood why Sebastian was asking me to do it. I would feel awful if he was dating someone else while he was with me... but I was terrified and I'd let it drag on so long I just knew I'd be breaking Garreth's heart.

"Alright. I will do it." I sighed.

"Thanks. Before Saturday though. Or I'll make it a fourth date rule." He smirked.

Like hell he would!

"Fine, I'll do it today... or tomorrow..."

"Olive, I'm serious! I need to know you're really in this and I don't really fancy you snogging him on the side. Unless you'd prefer him." He said, his voice sounding slightly strained.

"Absolutely not! I will always choose you. It's just... going to be difficult. I think he genuinely likes me..."

"Good. And when that's done, there's nothing that can stop me from kissing you right here at the table." He whispered, leaning in slightly closer and sliding his hand up my thigh, giving it a squeeze.

"Sebastian! Knock it off!"

He smirked as he pulled away and drew his attention back to his food.

I managed to catch Garreth alone in the hallways after lunch. It needed to be now or I would never do it.

"Garreth?"

"Olive! Hey! How are you? I haven't seen you in a while, is everything alright?" He said as he pulled me into a tight hug I sort of reciprocated.