Chapter 46: Pain

tw: lots of depictions of torture in this one. please take care ❤️

"Come on. Up." Marvolo's large hand was lifting me from the bed, the binds around my ankles being broken so I could walk, though I was still bound by my wrists.

He dragged me out of the room, not even letting me stop to rub my pained ankles as he yanked me into an adjacent room. He pushed the door open and it was dark, almost black. I couldn't see a damn thing.

He pushed me down hard into a chair and bound my ankles around it again, pulling my wrists behind it. I was stuck.

"You can stay here now." Marvolo said angrily, "Maybe now you'll learn your lesson."

The door slammed behind me and I heard the sound of a locking charm.

I tugged on my binds a little, realising there was no use.

I blinked. I needed my eyes to adjust to see where I was.

I listened. There were faint breathing sounds coming from the room. They weren't my own. And they were gurgly with an occasional cough and splutter.

I blinked three more times. The outline's of the brickwork around me began to come into shape as my eyes finally adjusted to the dimness of the room.

My eyes traced down, desperate to see just what the fuck was coughing and spluttering in front of me.

Then I saw a body. A figure. One I knew all too well.

"S... Sebastian? Sebastian!"

He was only half conscious.

"Sebastian, can you hear me? Oh, god please..." I mumbled, getting desperate. I needed to know he was still alive.

Tugging the binds were useless. They were enchanted.

But the more I struggled, the closer my chair inched forward. The chair wasn't locked down. Brilliant.

I began to swivel myself back and forth, gaining momentum until the chair tipped over sideways, the pain from my ribs radiating throughout my body as I landed on my side without the support of my hands.

"F... fuck..." I groaned, trying to gather any strength I had left to inch myself closer to Sebastian.

I rocked my hips back and forth, the momentum pushing me forward, inching me closer and closer as the chair made an awful dragging noise with each motion. I prayed they couldn't hear me outside this room.

"Seb..." I said with a hint of desperation, I was almost there.

And I made it. I was face to face with him. I could feel his breath on my face. But his eyes were closed. And every inhale of air was crackly. And then, when he exhaled, he coughed and blood spread all over the floor and all over me.

I realised our friend Marvolo had a tendency to break ribs. But Sebastian's was bad. Much worse than mine. I could tell it had punctured his lungs. If we didn't get out of here soon, he'd be dead by morning.

"Seb," I whispered, getting as close as I could, pressing my forehead to his, "Please hold on. Please wake up. I can't do this without you. I need you here with me."

I pleaded with him. I pleaded with Merlin. I pleaded with God. Anyone that might listen and answer me, give me what I was asking. For Sebastian to be safe. I didn't care if Marvolo forced me to be his wife. I didn't care if I died. But Sebastian needed to live.

"O...live." He muttered.

He was alive. Barely. But coherent enough to know I was here.

"Oh my god, Sebastian. You can hear me." I said with a touch of relief.