Chapter 61: Letters

"Olive Sallow."

I peered behind me, Sebastian beaming at me with the widest grin I had ever seen on his face.

But suddenly I didn't want to move.

"Go, Liv." He said, nudging me with his hand.

Deep breaths...

I focused hard on putting one foot in front of the other, determined not to make an absolute fool of myself by tripping over my own feet.

"Congratulations, Re- uh, Sallow." Chief Samuel Dodds said with an outstretched hand. I shook it firmly and accepted my graduate certificate.

I was an Auror.

A fully fledged one.

I quickly trotted off to the rest of the graduating class, taking a spot next to Lawson so I could watch my husband accept the same rank.

Fuck, I was proud of him.

"Sebastian Sallow."

He walked that stage with a confidence I'd never seen before. He'd had many moments of doubt about himself and his abilities throughout the three years we'd been working at MACUSA, going through all sorts of rigorous exercises and attending many emergencies, crimes and arrests. But he saw it through. He was going to be the best Auror MACUSA had ever seen.

Sebastian accepted his certificate and walked right up to me with a warm smile, wrapping an arm around my waist and placing his head on top of mine, kissing my lightly curled hair.

"We did it." He whispered.

"We did." I repeated him, nuzzling my head under his arm.

I peered over the crowd and spotted the sandy blonde hair of our best friend, clapping his hands louder than anyone else in the room.

Life truly felt perfect.

We didn't last long at Ominis' place once we were done with our three month stint at the training facility. MACUSA paid well, even their trainees, to make sure they stayed on and completed the programme. It didn't make sense for Sebastian and I to stay there.

Ominis never mentioned our first night back. Either we were quieter than we thought or he just decided to respect our privacy during our husband and wife duties.

But the guilt consumed us and we found a comfortable two bedroom apartment for the two of us conveniently located halfway between both Ominis and Lawson.

And speaking of Ominis and Lawson, they were too much alike. I didn't like it. They teamed up against Sebastian and I all the time. Sebastian mostly, though. I suppose that was the advantage of them both having shared a room with Sebastian at school. They had common experiences to discuss.

"Did he take Olive into his bed at Hogwarts as much as he did at Ilvermorny?" Lawson asked once as we all met up for a Butterbeer.

"I'd argue more. He was too comfortable at Hogwarts, I'm sure he showed more decorum at Ilvermorny." Ominis chuckled.

"Oh, come on! You slept with and married my sister, Ominis!" Sebastian said, trying desperately to make someone else the target.

"That's old news, Seb." Lawson reminded him, having already been told numerous times by Sebastian about what exactly had happened. Though I'm certain Sebastian's version of events varied greatly compared to Ominis'.

They had way too much in common...

The graduating class of 1897 headed off for a celebration, a small gathering with food and drinks held by the MACUSA Department of Aurors. Ominis tagged along and the four of us spent the afternoon getting to relax and unwind, the pressure of study off the backs of at least 3 of us. Ominis was just happy to be there.