Chapter 47: Changes

tw: brief mentions of Olive talking about non-con

"Miss Raywood, I'm happy to let you know that you had two breaks in your ribs on the left side and we were able to heal them without surgery. You'll be free to leave and go back to Hogwarts tomorrow." One of the friendlier Healers told me a mere few hours after they admitted me.

"How is Sebastian?" I asked. I didn't care about myself. My injuries were minuscule. I was not leaving this hospital without him.

"Miss Raywood, like every other Healer you've asked, I cannot disclose the information of other patients..." she explained.

I groaned, "Can you at least tell me if he's alive?"

She looked at me, her stern facade lowering slightly, "Yes. He's alive."

"Thank you." I said, flashing her a small smile.

Knowing he was alive wasn't much of a comfort. He left me in a really bad way. And Ominis hadn't come to see me with an update since I sent him away with Sebastian. I was stressed.

As the sun had set and the lights had dimmed in the hospital, I knew it was resting time and the Healers left were the bare minimum night shift staff, I took matters into my own hands. If they couldn't tell me about Sebastian. I was finding out myself.

I was kicking myself for not having the invisibility cloak with me, knowing it was collecting dust in Sebastian's trunk back at Hogwarts. But the disillusionment charm would have to suffice. I was hoping the dim lighting was going to help my cause.

I stuffed my bed full of pillows to look like I was still there and made my way out of my room, concealed by the charm. I stuck close to walls and dodged a few Healers before I had reached the ward I knew Sebastian would be on. The really unwell patients.

I was lucky I didn't have to sneak around much, because I saw his bloody gorgeous mop of hair sprawled out amongst a pillow in the second room I peered inside.

He looked... peaceful. I had assumed they had put him in a charmed sleep to help him heal because the Seb I knew never slept like this. His head was dropped slightly to the side as he breathed softly through his mouth. It was a deep sleep.

As I inched closer to him, I realised just how bad it was. They hadn't bothered to clean him up yet and there was blood splatters all down his chest. In addition to the scar I'd given him from stitching all along his side, there was now a large, red and angry looking series of stitches right down the centre of his chest too. It was perfectly surrounded by deep purple bruises, some very clear they were from a boot or a fist.

I told myself I could cry later... and that time was now. I let out everything I was holding in. His perfect body was torn, broke, hurt, opened and stitched up again and it was all my fault.

I crouched down beside him, taking his hand in mine and pressed my head to the bed before I sobbed into it. Sobs that were hurting as my body heaved up and down.

"I'm so sorry, Seb. This is my fault. This never should have happened. I'm sorry."

I kept repeating apologies like it was my mantra. I didn't even know if he could hear me but I had to make sure he knew. I was sorry. And it was my fault.

I'm not sure when it happened, but I fell asleep beside him. His hand in mine and my head pressed against his arm.

"You're a sight for sore eyes."

My head sprung up to see morning sun and I had to rub my eyes to adjust and make sure what I was hearing was real.

Sebastian. My Sebastian. He was awake with a wide grin on his face. I don't know how he even managed to muster up a smile after everything.